Finished mini speaker with TB W4-1337SD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I just finished a set of mini speakers based on the TangBand W4-1337SD

The official FR curve is really attractive but is missing a raised up band from 1KHz to 9Khz that I measured in a closed test box:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Taming this curve passively means quite a few components: one RC impedance correction, a notch filter and a 12db low pass...
That makes me feel the need to experiment on active crossover and equalization (minidsp?)

After many attemps here is what I got in the final speaker:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am quite happy with the result, especially the sound stage. Of course real bass is missing but with a sub, it's OK.

This first attempt with a full range driver make me think that a good solution might be a 2 way speaker: full range + (sub)woofer

About the aesthetics, I made it with a very high WAF as you can see:

You mean like the typical little Bose speakers?
I'm afraid you'll need to find another term to describe those than "dipole" as the term "dipole" already has a meaning when it comes to speakers.
A "dipole" speaker doesn't have an enclosure and radiates sound to thze front and to the back simultaneously.

You mean like the typical little Bose speakers?
I'm afraid you'll need to find another term to describe those than "dipole" as the term "dipole" already has a meaning when it comes to speakers.
A "dipole" speaker doesn't have an enclosure and radiates sound to thze front and to the back simultaneously.

No, that's an Open Baffle. There's no rule that a dipole has to have no enclosure.
What it does however mean is that you have to radiate sound to the front and the back, with inverse phase.

If the speaker radiates sound out the front and the back in the same phase, it's a Bipole.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.