Sachiko Build Thread!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
oh no, what a don't you just feel like a schmuck moment! the dyslexia kicked in after reading post #98 first followed by #97! the really messed up thing is that i had read your post #97 last Saturday and completely understood what you were saying. how embarrassing, this time i had thought you were referring to the top and bottom of the horn's rear corner slant or stepped back :\

ok, now Im confused!!!

I meant the steps at the bottom of the sachiko versus the single angle at the bottom of the Dallas II versus various curves at the bottom eg Dallas III

I thought these steps were the ones that did something that the smooth ones didnt and therefore asked whether the Dallas II might be improved by the addition of the sachiko steps

ok - thanks Dave - thats the Fostex206e and the cabinet sorted out.

just standard 206e? or something else?

thanks for the help

because its my first - would you recommend something simpler? I need subwoofers for the HT, is that a better place to start? or just go in hands and heels?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ok - thanks Dave - thats the Fostex206e and the cabinet sorted out.

just standard 206e? or something else?

Of course i'm going to recommend the FE206eN that i make... i think that anyone who has them (or has modded their own) would agree. The general concensus is that they at least need phase plugs.

FE206eN.jpg

dave

Oh, Ok, I didn't throw much against it to be honest, just me messing about. Ok, look what I'll do is pay little more exact attention and try and do a few tests with the same tracks and I'll do my best to describe the changes. Also, I'll take a few pics to show what I've done.

If there are designs out there that I could make up and try, let me know...

Fran

"stuck" on page 2...

Sorry to be johnny-come-lately but as to the glue question:

Can you get PL200 or PL200 plus (sometimes called construction glue) in Ireland? It's slower curing and verrry tacky making it not the easiest to work with, but it can be mastered with a steel putty knife and salty water.
If you want to talk about strong hold.. forget about it, the glue joints are stronger than the wood. But be warned it sticks like sh** to a blanket. I find it will fill a sizeable gap to if applied just-so.

Just something to bear in mind for your next build!

Ya I'm running 207's.

Not the best idea but could've been worse.

The Sachiko IS a horn, right?

Of course. No great mystery to horn definitions; if something expands from the throat to the terminus, then it's a horn, period.

A friend is running 207s in his Curvy changs. Do these both fall into the same family?

No.

Last edited:
Scottmoose, I noticed that with the 207s, the sound is in fact quite bass heavy until damped. By LF gain, do you mean sub-bass, or higher than that (ie bass guitar)?

What kind of characteristic differences might I notice if I moved to the 206? It appears that the 206 offers more pronounced highs - maybe it would balance out the lf gain you mention?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.