Server problems?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for responding ... other sites were working fine, and another browser had the same issue. And, another PC in the house initially had the same problem ... but is now working OK ... :confused::confused:

I'm still scratching me head ... (I hate computers ... :mad:)

Cheers,

Okay, something or someone is playing games! My access to diyAudio is severely hampered because what seems to be the cdn server won't talk to me; using a proxy website showed there was nothing wrong with my m/c or ISP, the response was back to normal. So, somehow my IP address has been marked as being as malevolent, on a key server. This happened on the fly, in middle of normal exchanges with the diyAudio website.

So, whose responsibility is it to sort this bit of silliness out ...??

Well, one of those fleeting mysteries, :) ... a couple of hours later it suddenly cleared itself, without me doing anything particularly different - I just assumed someone, somewhere pushed the right button, so to speak - possibly some weirdness with my ISP ...

It is taking 90 seconds for me to get onto the site and around the same amount of time navigating between sections. Firefox reports it is waiting reply from diyAudio and the activity circle stops rotating. The server appears to lock up Firefox such that any intervention results in a Firefox Not Responding message. Absolutely no problems on any other sites.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Haven't noticed any real access problems this end.

Just one "effect" I sometimes noticed and that seemed to coincide with the roll out of IE11 two or three weeks ago is parts of pages loading at different times rather than the complete page appearing in one go, but ultimately still all loading quickly.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
diyaudio was very slow yesterday.
My email has also slowed down.
And today my internet went off line for a few hours. Some or all of these could be linked.

But diyaudio is often slow for me. I don't see a pattern to the fast/slow.
I just have to put up with it.

If you experience strange issues on a particular site/s it can be worthwhile rebooting your router.

Flushing the DNS (domain name system) cache which is local on your PC can help too, particularly when one site is giving no or slow access. Flushing has no adverse effect on any part of your system and only helps. The cache rebuilds automatically as you browse.

Just open an elevated command prompt (right click cmd.exe and run as admin) and type the following pressing enter after each.

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop dnscache
net start dnscache

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Flushing using F5 and control+F5 was mentioned some months ago. I use it occasionally, but it has absolutely no effect on the slowness of this Forum when it decides (very regularly) to slow down.

That's not the same thing Andrew. Doesn't F5 just reload the browser cache of the page and ctl + F5 reload the page.

Try a proper DNS flush. It won't break anything. I've even got those commands on the desktop as a batch file to run with one click as it is so useful to have.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 124
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Managed to get a screen grab of the half page loading. Wouldn't load even with refreshing the page. Had to close the tab and try again. This has only happened since IE11 rolled out and its very occasional and intermittent.

Attachments

• Page loading.png
    Page loading.png
    445.7 KB · Views: 117
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.