Anyone up for a UK diyAudio Meet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
edit by V: *** http://uk.diyaudio.com/festival07 ***

Hi folks

Well, this is just a provisional idea, but it's about time we all got together to listen to each other's stuff and drink some beer.

We would probably be looking at some time in the summer, located somewhere relatively central. So, if you're interested, have something wonderful you want to show the world, just fancy meeting other like minded folks, have a venue available, or whatever, post away. :)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Points roughly in order:

NVCF is in April, that might be a bit soon

Swap meet - possibly, what do people want?

Good idea on the new topic, we'll discuss it.

I'm sure we can sort something out regarding lifts, Graeme Finlayson is close as well and he might be up for it.

Sharpi31, how about Lands End? ;)

Back in an hour or so, I'm going to watch Ronnie O'Sullivan play now.

Hello PM,

Nice idea. I might be up for a meetup, it would be great to put some faces to names I regularly see on here, such as your own.

I'd not like to drive any more than 3 hours ideally, but being in Sheffield I can reach most of England easily enough, especially the way I drive. :devilr:

It looks like many of you are down South, but to be fair our Scottish friends, we'd need to have something no lower than the midlands or so, lol. Or else it's a terrible drive (or expensive train ride).

Simon

Guys,

it sounds great. For those of you w/in travelling distance from London there is also the London DIY Hi-Fi Circle. In theory the website is here but the connection seems rather slow.

The circle has a rather long tradition dating back to the 60s. It meets once monthly on the last thursday of the month in a pub close to Victoria Station and occasionaly at members' home meetings.

Quite a few UK-flagged people hanging out here are members.

Best
Giulio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.