Does this video violate energy conservation theorem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osvaldo de Banfield View Post
Electronic Engineer since 2001.

Fake

21 million views on that video is something like $20,000, not too shabby for an afternoon's work.

Why do you say so?
Osvaldo graduated as an Electronics Engineer at Argentina´s Universidad Tecnológica Nacional , the very same University where my Son Alberto is studying to become an Industrial Engineer.
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional

And we don´t have those silly US "intermediate degrees" such as "Associate degree in Engineering" or whatever, you either become a full Engineer or nothing at all. Period.

In fact we follow the strict German Education System, so much so that my own Son will have to study (successfully of course) a Semester or a full Year in Germany, so far in Dresden, although he might be assigned to other German University.
http://www.institucional.frc.utn.edu.ar/internacionales/becas/por_paises/Alemania/progUTN_DAAD.asp

21 million views on that video is something like $20,000, not too shabby for an afternoon's work.

Remember Googlewacking, a new sport could be to completely at random search for videos and find the ones with the fewest views. I routinely find music videos with <50 views but there's reasons for that.

JMF - He meant the video is fake to make the .001$ per view. I'm sure no disrespect intended.

Last edited:
Fake

My estimated. If you are suggesting I'm not an engineer, here you have the proof. Below is my brother Rolando, currently in USA. If you are in doubt, in the page at the address bar you can see the same data published by the UTN. If still in doubt, get a gun and suicide, please.

Attachments

• Facu.GIF
    Facu.GIF
    83.9 KB · Views: 152
Oh. Another idiot .
THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
Energy in a chain is constant, only in different forms. From movement to friction, friction to heat etc.
There is no energy just hitchiking somewhere along the way.
I do not have English as native tongue, bear with me.
If there was something like free energy and perpetum mobiles we would know.

My estimated. If you are suggesting I'm not an engineer, here you have the proof. Below is my brother Rolando, currently in USA. If you are in doubt, in the page at the address bar you can see the same data published by the UTN. If still in doubt, get a gun and suicide, please.

You misunderstood my post and you took offense. Perhaps understandable since I got called away in the middle of composing it and just hit send; but in all honesty I meant the video is fake.

I might have made a conciliatory gesture, but after reading the above, I feel it is not warranted. You have gone WAY over the line.

If you stub your toe on a piece of furniture, do you just burn down the house?

@ Ron E

I have to say in Osvaldo de Banfield's defense, that i also wondered if you were questioning his credentials, from your post. I hoped that you had just phrased it etc badly, which it now seems you did.

I would have objected too if you had posted like that to me. I expect you might also if someone had "appeared " to question your credentials. So i don't see how you don't understand him raising his objections ?

Anyway, it's all clear now, so no need to bear grudges or fall out etc ;)

Attachments

• fake.png
    fake.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 135
You misunderstood my post and you took offense. Perhaps understandable since I got called away in the middle of composing it and just hit send; but in all honesty I meant the video is fake.

I might have made a conciliatory gesture, but after reading the above, I feel it is not warranted. You have gone WAY over the line.

If you stub your toe on a piece of furniture, do you just burn down the house?

OK, I accept this as a mistake, mine too. But next time pay a bit of attention, the post readily looks offensive.

Guys, Google "atomic light bulb." These magic trick light bulbs have been around since the 1960's.

The new ones use LED's instead of incandescent flashlight bulbs, but the principle is the same. There is a lamp AND a battery inside the bulb. Note the extend tip on the lamp's base. Anything that completes the circuit lights the bulb. The usual object is a coin or paper clip in the "magician"s hand, but some foil in Uncle Fester's mouth works too!

Note that he never completes the circuit while the fan isn't spinning since the bulb would also light up.

Most PC fans use BLDC motors which do not generate current when spun.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> air hose ... don't rev up the CPU fan to warp speed just for fun.

That used to be my standard technique for PC cleaning. Never lost a fan. Never tried feeling (or measuring) for voltage.

The low cost fans have such pathetically small coils that any "free energy" would be incredibly feeble.

don't rev up the CPU fan to warp speed just for fun.

Back in the mid 70's the plant where I worked built microelectronic modules. The thick film resistors on the modules were trimmed by laser, but the capacitors were trimmed by "airbrasive etching," sandblasting on a very small scale. The "sand" itself was a very fine ceramic powder. Everything inside the trim room got a coating of ceramic dust. It was SOP to swap out the test equipment every month or so for a teardown and thorough cleaning. I took the air hose to a metal fan, which made a cool screaming sound......until it exploded in my hand. Fortunately for me, I suffered minimal blood loss and no permanent damage......the oscilloscope on the bench was not so lucky.

The lab purchased a cleaning machine that used a water based sprayer for electronic equipment, which was then baked overnight for drying. The machine used deionized water, which didn't seem to harm electronics, even tube stuff.

Forget the light. The intersecting part are the magnets. I know this shouldn't work but it's (for me anyway ) counterintuitive. Put a Magnet on a rotating arm in a parallel magnetic field. It will move. As it turns its field will rotate. The inertia should carry it thru the null field at 90degrees and turn the magnet around so now the force is the other direction keeping the magnet going. So what's wrong with this explanation.

Forget the light. The intersecting part are the magnets. I know this shouldn't work but it's (for me anyway ) counterintuitive. Put a Magnet on a rotating arm in a parallel magnetic field. It will move. As it turns its field will rotate. The inertia should carry it thru the null field at 90degrees and turn the magnet around so now the force is the other direction keeping the magnet going. So what's wrong with this explanation.

Sorry conservation of angular momentum, the inertia carrying it through might seem plausible but in reality it can't happen any air drag, friction, anything will bring it to a stopped equilibrium eventually. You can get contraptions made carefully enough that they spin for a long time but they will stop.

To clarify, in the case of the fan and all those magnets there is a cogging effect with multiple null points. The work to push the blade to a null point is exactly given back when it pushes to the next null point. There is no gain so again push it hard and any drag just stops it at some null point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.