Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ach! It was obviously a digital product... Relabelled from being called 9. Quantum purification would have worked on the older analog product ensure it WAS 9 and not 9.000134 or even worse, 8.999993.

THere are some who might claim that the new digital solution is "harsher" somehow or that it doesn't have the "dynamic range" to "resolve minute color differences" that can only be seen by a person of exceptional skill, experience and gavitas in the carpet cleaning and reconditioning industry. Some claim the digital product leads to high level changes of the colour of the carpet caused by "dithering" and "lost packets".

However the general public have accepted the new product without question.

OT ends.

Yes, I did do group theory both as a maths course and in the context of elementary particle physics but that was in the mid 1970's and I haven't used it since. I don't remember the term "point group" so maybe we called it something different? Most of the course was on group representation theory and things like O(3) or SU(2) - which are related (same group?) in some way. We will now be boring the non-physicists, but so what - they sometimes bore us with their posts!

By the way, my off-topic post was prompted by being presented (if I was quick) with entering post #1001 (never done that before!) on a subject vaguely related to cleaning. It's funny how advertisers get into your head and fiddle with your brain. I can still recall the ad now "1001 cleans a big big carpet for less than half a crown!" even though it was 40 years ago and I never bought the product.

On my qualifying exam, one of the questions was, "Describe the importance of symmetry in physical chemistry." Being deep into quantum chemistry and solid state physics, I enthusiastically filled my bluebook with an exposition on Lie Groups, generators, SU(3) algebras... Unfortunately, the professor who asked that question (I found out later) was an NMR spectroscopist and I failed to even use the word "magnetic." Score for that answer was 1/5. Ouch.

Anyway D2h. The point groups describe geometric symmetry.

Sorry for the OT, I'll behave now.

It's funny how advertisers get into your head and fiddle with your brain. I can still recall the ad now "1001 cleans a big big carpet for less than half a crown!" even though it was 40 years ago and I never bought the product.

Interesting point. You cannot remember something you were interested in taught by someone you respected, but cannot forget something you hated taught by someone you thought poorly of. What does this tell us about who understands how to educate humans and who does not?

Interesting point, but there are minor differences in complexity and detail between theoretical physics and TV ads.

Agreed, but just think how useful it would have been if the instructor in the physics class had provided a mnemonic hook, to allow you hang all of the rest of that structured information on. That 1001, leading to the "thousand and one uses" leading to the rest of the information they poured in, is not different in character.

Status
Not open for further replies.