LMAO! Any idea how this works?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It talks a lot of photons, which, apparently, dramatically degrade the sound quality of everything.

After a quick look on wikipedia, photons are "a basic unit of light".

The conclusion - according to this, a small box will remove all electro-magnetic radiation from your listening area.

It talks a lot of photons, which, apparently, dramatically degrade the sound quality of everything.

After a quick look on wikipedia, photons are "a basic unit of light".

The conclusion - according to this, a small box will remove all electro-magnetic radiation from your listening area.

So this is the reason most people prefer to listen in a dark or dimly lit room.

Blimey, my post popular thread yet!
Yes, LMAO, I was crying with laughter when I posted it.
A workmate sent me the link originally, he was equally amused.
Thing is, people will probably pay money for this sort of thing, and because they've parted with their cash, they HAVE to believe it improves things.
I love the bit about putting one on each speaker, for best results. Having those things rattling about on top can't be a good thing surely (especially for those audiophiles).
:clown:

Joined 2003
Paid Member
"Working with ambient photon-electron interactions and canceling out the interplay between photon emission and the spectral reflection of the ambient surroundings, we have created quasi utopian ambient conditions for the gear to function in."

I'M SOLD!!

So this is the reason most people prefer to listen in a dark or dimly lit room.

There would also be no heat (infra-red is part of the electromagnetic spectrum)

This would be a life-saver in the event of nuclear war - if gamma radiation hit, switch that little thing on and relax in a pitch black, freezing, environment, where your mobile phone wouldn't work either.

They say the Blackbodys will remove EM fields within your audio equipment. Too bad many active devices work by controlling EM fields. But I guess if the devices don't work, they can't harm the precious sound. Never mind that the the fields within, say, a MOSFET. These EM fields commonly lie in the MV/m (MegaVolt per meter) range - probably pushing GV/m for newer CPU processes. Good luck changing that from afar by your magic box...

But, ya' know... It IS good for something. At 6.5 lbs (3-ish kg) I bet it makes a nice bookend. :)

~Tom

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Perhaps it's warm poo

jas_170209_manure.jpg

Brown body

following the link for "in the press" brings up this: 6moons.com - industry features: Combing out the fringes

"Enter the forthcoming LessLoss passive BlackBody device. It too uses the window of audible effects to demonstrate the interactivity of wave exposure. Inventor Louis Motek chronicles a number of unusual experiments which led to the development of the BlackBody. For example, he experimented with intense blue-light exposure in the listening room and observed definitive effects on sound quality. If we think of light as inaudible sound, it's intuitive to believe that the deliberate creation (or cancellation) of specific ultrasonic frequencies would show up within the audible window of our ears as well. The ancients believed that all celestial bodies emit particular frequencies or rays. A change in proximity (constellations) created forever changing patterns and mixes of these rays. Humans, knowingly or not, would react to these patterns in predictable ways. The associated art is astrology of course.

For those open-minded and curious enough, passive devices like acoustic resonators and the new LessLoss BlackBody can serve as more than audio tweaks. They can become tools for personal experimentation into the interconnectedness of things. The medium of interconnectedness are frequency bands so high as to permeate all material matter. These frequencies bathe all of us in a common field of very high oscillations. In such a context, our audio systems can become laboratories in which we can observe certain effects and, over time, perhaps come to certain conclusions. These conclusions need no scientific base, proof or validation to reap personal benefits or at the very least, simple enjoyment. If your audio system sounds better to you; and you listen longer and deeper; let the white-coated experts concern themselves with explaining how and why. Unless you're of a more scientific bend. Then you could end up as a manufacturer of strange audio devices which are initially greeted by derision and mockery. Is that a career path your post-graduation advisor bothered to ever mention? I didn't think so...

In other words, if you don't hear a difference you aren't open minded enough, and if you think it makes a difference, then continue on in blissful ignorance because we don't need science as long as you think you enjoy it.

Personally, I'm going to go get a medical marijuana card, back in college everything always sounded great when we sat around wasted listening to music.

To be honest, I think it's at least aesthetically pleasing.

If it was $9.59 I would buy it to use for the only thing it could possibly be good for....... a paper weight.

The "Tunnelbridge" product that is comming soon looks promising. I just need to find a reliable source of liquid nitrogen.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.