Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 22nd March 2010, 06:23 AM   #121
diyAudio Member

Tzeng_Albert and Music-In-Life are still at it.

I got some stuff, but then he stopped sending me anything. I thought he was ok because the 1st transactions shipped quickly. Later, it's all excuses.

DON"T WAIT LONGER THAN 45 DAYS TO FILE A CLAIM OR HE KEEPS ALL YOUR MONEY AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Wish I would have been more careful. ****.

Old 22nd March 2010, 09:07 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Just be careful people, there is more than one way of skinning a cat so they say

I might be lucky or just cautious but i have only lost money on one transaction out of probably near on 1000 that i have conducted on fleabay. This wasn't audio related but i'll tell you about it anyway...

I bought "Planet Earth" on blu ray for 25 free postage & packing from a UK based seller. The auction stated that the outer packaging might be a bit worn as it was a display item. When i received it the outer packaging was indeed the blu ray packaging, however the guts contained the HD-DVD release I got in touch with the seller & was given an address to send the thing back to to get a replacement (a PO box). I duly sent it back & heard nothing, so i tried claiming via paypal.

Paypal will only refund your money if you send things back by a trackable service, i don't know any service that will deliver to a PO box & gain a signature that something has been "delivered". Because of this i didn't get a refund. I argued left right & centre that in no way can any return to a PO box be sent via a tracked service to no avail.

Moral of the story is if what you receive isn't tracked from seller to buyer simply say you haven't received it. Can you imagine the costs of sending something back to a far eastern vendor via a tracked delivery? Unfortunately the system encourages you to lie to save your money, or at least claim it back.

I have probably only lost about 3 orders in 4 years due to loss in the post & most sellers refund even before a paypal dispute is even entered. Like others have mentioned - check the feedback

Old 31st March 2010, 06:47 PM   #123
diyAudio Member

I have done a couple thousand ebay transactions, and only had one real problem before this, but it was only over a cheap pair of sunglasses that were obvious fakes. So, my confidence was high, especially after being sent a few of the items I ordered. Don't fall for it, file a complaint with ebay and Paypal ASAP if you have any problems!

Old 15th February 2012, 07:06 PM   #124
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Not only chinese...

steveunderhill (Pennsylvania) on fleabay owe me Mitzi LT-20 (turntable) since early december 2011...
-and cannot give me a shipping no...

Arne K

Old 21st March 2013, 03:33 PM   #125
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Since i don't want to open a new thread here, I will post one of the most annoying adventures here:

Being tiered to get mails over and over again from a buyer which bougt a power supply couple of years ago, in 2010 after he damaged, sent it back, repaired, sent it back to him, and last year claimed that never worked. since then keep threating to get the paymnet back or damage my reputation on forums. I asked to send it back. he refused cathegorically, then couple of months later started again with threats, and claimed that will send the power supply but nothing was sent.
he claim that he has the tracking nr. but is unable to provide it.

Old 21st March 2013, 04:49 PM   #126
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
When here; another on the wall of shame: Red Hill Audio Upgrades & Hi-Fi Homepage
Lying s.o.b. never sent me paid-for goods

Arne K

Old 21st March 2013, 05:42 PM   #127
diyAudio Member

You can add "PreSapian" to the "list of shame"....
FS: nos copper polystyrene caps [150,220,1000pf]

Sure, I only lost $20, but others lost money also. Nothing was ever sent, as far as I know.

Old 22nd March 2013, 05:03 PM   #128
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Thread closed for housekeeping

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!