I Wanna T-shirt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I'm prepared to wait, the longer we wait the fatter I get and the bigger the T-shirts I'll need to buy.

Any chance of a preview instead of teasing me like this??

Anyway I'm trying to save money to buy a church as a listening room so I may actually only be able to afford a couple although T-shirts make great Christmas gifts so howsabout a bulk discount for those of us who buy more than two or three

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Rest assured, there will be quality tshirts coinciding with the launch of the new site, which is about a month away (it's always a month away, but this time it's "really" a month away) :) Your support is always appreciated and what better way to show it than to wear it :)

Hahahahahaha. Hrm. No, it's really really "about" a month away now.

As you might see from our first article, we have a design direction. Tshirts and all sorts of collectibles will be coming hot off the presses soon. But what to put on them other than the Logo... ? Ideas warmly received before I get the designers onto it..

I[t] should be done. (the shirt, that is) I hereby volunteer to do it.

Over the past 25 years I've made and sold a lot of printed T-shirts. Everything from cutting the stencil by hand and doing the printing myself, to having screens made to handing the designs to a commercial outfit, to selling (a lot) on Cafe Press."

Thanks for the offer. I think we'll use Cafe Press or a similar service if they can offer decent international shipping and decent margins. I'm more of a "limited run" kind of man myself, so maybe we'll do some special ones too. You're right that the more you do, the bigger the margin, so... we'll see. Cafe press just "gets it done" and there is a lot to be said for that.

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Solder, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of solder in the morning."

I like that, and I'm a big fan of Apocalypse Now... :)

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I've ordered a batch of test tshirts from cafepress, printfection, wordans and spreadshirt, they should all arrive 2 weeks from now for some quality control testing! I've ordered all black shirts, they are the hardest to print so should give a good indication of quality. I'm speaking to wordans and printmojo about real screenprint options which would be higher quality but require minimum orders, etc.

Ok, in the meantime, I'd like to get a slogan competition up and running, I think I'll start a new thread for that.

And then... we're ready to rumble... and start the "email us a picture of you wearing the shirt around the world" competition :)

On the Spreadshirt site there is a "changeable text" feature. A text box is assigned on the design and the buyer can add their own text to the shirt.

You could have the main site logo with an area for a tag line of the buyers choosing.

Neat!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Moondog,

I sent an email out last week to everyone who has donated to diyAudio in the past 12 months, to their paypal email address, so I could upgrade them accordingly (when you're upgraded you can change your title to whatever you like through your user options in your control panel). Everyone who donated $50 or more in the last year is getting this tshirt for free. We haven't been very organized previously, and didn't ask for a username when accepting donations, so all I had was the paypal email addresses to go by. Please PM me your paypal email address and I'll upgrade you accordingly!

Jason

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
SWMBO and I donated as a couple, but it wasn't as much as $50-, I think we have been donating $20AUD a year tho, to be honest I haven't thought it was worth keeping track.
I do think I can afford to keep that level up but I can buy a T-shirt when available.:bulb::bulb::D

Joined 2000
Paid Member
SWMBO and I donated as a couple, but it wasn't as much as $50-, I think we have been donating $20AUD a year tho, to be honest I haven't thought it was worth keeping track.
I do think I can afford to keep that level up but I can buy a T-shirt when available.:bulb::bulb::D

Thanks! :) I searched on SWMBO's email address and found the wonderful history of donations. Thank you very much! I've given you both the appropriate level, it will stick for 13 months from the date of the last donation. There's instructions for how to change your user title on the donations page - just go into your user options and look down the bottom.

I'll make sure that you get a tshirt at cost price. From what I can make out, everyone who is taking up the Fanatic donation level is pretty much getting the tshirt at cost price anyway when you factor in worldwide postage, but I'm very happy to be spreading the love and and give something special back to those generous to donate this year, which is going to be an important year for us. Those who don't want tshirts are welcome to let me know (there has already been one - apparently there would be trouble if the wife had to give up the closet space :).

Joined 2000
Paid Member
The supplier has been paid, materials ordered, the final design agreed upon and now just waiting for proofs (something to do with the position on the shirt?) to come back for verification and then they start work.

I will be delivering in person all around the world like a DIY Santa Claus :) Clear your chimneys!

But seriously, thanks for your patience. It's been learning experience but we've definitely learned a lot from it :)

Jason

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I GOTTA T-SHIRT
I GOTTA T-SHIRT
I GOTTA T-SHIRT
I GOTTA T-SHIRT
I GOTTA T-SHIRT
I GOTTA T-SHIRT

My T-shirt arrived in the mail today.
My thanx to Jason and all the Moderators for taking this idea to a more than acceptable conclusion.

Now for next project, Jason? Hows the slogan competition and the next T-shirt print run going??
SWMBO and I will have one of each again.

Where is the slogan short list for voting??

Once again thank-you for the forum and the Tee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.