I Wanna T-shirt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Gyuri
I am glad as well to see you. I am glad also because our friend Lineup he gave us a sign that is alive!
How are you?
United - Inter match end-ups just now. That Ibrahimovic tonight, was for hard beating.
No, i'm not fan of Inter or United. Simply i like to see foot-ball (not soccer as they call it Americans and their rugby as foot-ball... oh that Americans).
To be sincere, i am a little fan of the national team of Argentina (AFA). I like Argentinian players, because they are very smart, very foxy, very artisan as well VERY HARD & DIRTY players :D
The bad thing it is that most of them they come from a very poor province the Entre Rios... as a result, when they gone in big teams of Europe, the only thing that have in their mind it is to get as soon as possible much money and after this usually they walk up and down in the ground during the match (like Jonnie Walker) and the only that they don't do, it is to play foot-ball.

Fotios

Moondog55 said:
Hi Stuey; Go back far enough and we're all cousins.
My great, great, great 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Great grandfather
was your G200th mothers brother

I like the idea that we are cousins :) ... i have only a little question... how can be cousins a raven with a moondog? :scratch:

Moondog55 said:
Ask you great great great great great great grandmother, I suppose we would have to go back at least 250 thousand million generations, back to the start of the Devonian epoch

Thanks for the idea... but i can't do it today, because my Time Trip Machine must be charged with energy for 12 hours at least.
Tomorrow i promise to will make the trip... to get back the answeers.
Hmmm... little difficult trip... 400 million years back distance it is some big. I must do calculations, if the energy that can hold my machine is enough for a so big travel included the return (400 + 400 = 800 million years)... :scratch:

Your cousin
The Raven

Cal Weldon said:
T-shirts anyone?

Or are we too far off topic to turn back now?

Hi Cal. It is very close to topic instead. I have a terrible idea for a T-shirt exclusivelly for your case. Imagine a beautiful women against you which is dressed only with a T-shirt and nothing else... and that on her T-shirt it is written:
"D.I.Y." :D :D :D
Hope not missunderstund me...

Fotios

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
OK Cal back to T-Shirts it is.

But in our defense this is the "Everything else" column and it isn't political or defamatory.
I like the idea of an embroidered "Polartec" POLO shirt I could wear in cold weather.

Or in a similar vein to the souvenirs you can buy at any ski field through out the world; a pile or Polartec waistcoat with LOTS of pockets

Moondog55 said:
Mouse mats
Coffee mugs
Beer glasses
Windbreaker tops in Flouropunk Pink and Imperial Passion Purple

All of which we can use as bad taste presents for people we don't really like

And

T- SHIRTS too

1. Mouse mat: I don't need a such thing, because i use only (as well 90% of people) optical or laser mouse in my PCs.
2. Coffee mug: I have already about 15 and i use only two of those to drink my coffee, 2 for pencil-cases in my desk, and the rest in cupboard. There is not space left for another one.
3. Beer glass: I drink either Veltins which offered only in 500ml alu-cans in Greece, or Henninger in 500ml bottles, directly from the bottle or can. Most people do the same like me.
4. There is no need for windbreakers in continental Greece. Only in islands where live the 5% of Greece population.
5. T-shirt: No thanks, i think (i beg your pardon but i am already 50 years old) stamped t-shirts are either for advertising purposes or for "fans". I don't think a such thing can suits in a serious forum like diyAudio which offer for free usefull things... and when i say serious, i mean that diyAudio offers a lot of applicable and tested solutions for everything arround audio, in comparison with other forums on the net.
Of course, all above are my own thesis and not in compulsory of the rest members.
Recently, wikipedia asked donations to stay alive on the web. I did my donation of 30 euros. I consider reasonable a such action, because in Greece we preffer the direct money donation for assistance of an effort, instead to by cheap unnecessary things as "repayment".
Forgive me, but instead t-shirts i preffer to make a donation of 30 euros in diyAudio to give my little help for the pay-off of the upgrade expensess. If we consider this forum usefull, then it is time to give a little economic assistance... 5, 10, 30, 50 dollars or euros; that can give everyone.

Fotios

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Mousemat
i also use optical but they work better on a dead flat surface and my desk ****** well lets just say :Messy"

Coffee mug
never have enough I only wash the dishes once a week

Beer glasses
To share a Grolsch swing top with a friend

Windbreaker
It gets really cold in Melbourne ( more Greeks here than in Athens )

I'm almost 60 and I look GOOD in a T-shirt

I agree, this is the best forum on-line and every year I donate what a good driver would cost.

T-shirts are to show solidarity and appreciation

Moondog55 said:
( more Greeks here than in Athens )
I am wondering, from where you get this information. I know that in Melbourne they live many immigrants from Greece (BTW i have some cousins in Melbourne but no one contact with them for 40 years ago) but i don't know how many of them are educated. The population of Athens urban area it is almost the same with Melbourne from official sources, and the double (arround 6 millions) from unofficial sources. There is a lot of foreigners - which are not official listed - they are living in Athens. In Greece, we have not so hard restrictions in immigration like in Oz.
Anyway; My thesis, based in that i was born in Greece and that i have passed from all degrees of Hellenic education which lasts 18 years to you get BSc diplomas of Electrician - Electronic engineer, it is that: I consider as Greek any person which hold the classic Hellenic education, and not any one which holds a Greek passport or identity card or he was born in Greek or he lives in Greece. Of course, 18 years are few, as well a whole life, to study at whole the enormous Hellenic education. But if you got the basics, then your option about everything in our world it is influenced incredibly. I told you all above, in an effort to make comprehensible my thesis about mugs, glasses, labels on T-shirts etc. A good thing it is promoted by alone, there is no need for further efforts. Instead, a such effort can gives an opposite result... to my eyes, a negotiable view. In diyAudio there are many members with heavy name in audio industry, as well many scientists and generally many educated people. I said all these with good intention. By no way i can imagine persons like N. Pass, B. Cordell, J. Curl D. Self etc (which offer the real energy in this site to be first worldwide in its kind) dressed with T-shirts in which is written any designation. Be carefull only in this little detail to not became the forum like a brand. Think about like the wikipedia site owners(?).

Fotios

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I stand corrected, exaggeration for emphasis is an Australian trait.

You make very good points, I just hold an opposite point of view, but I argue for fun, not to make you change your mind.
I find the discourse itself of interest.

I wish you long life, good health and many grandchildren of beauty and intelligence.

Regards
Ted

Fotios.

I respect your opinions on the issue of merchandising. I think I understand what you mean. as for the list of people that you mentioned. Can you speak for them with authority?

I am not sure that producing a few T shirts to raise money and awareness is a big issue.

I for one love a geeky T shirt. It is a good conversation starter with like minded geeks. I don't think that a T shirt will cheapen the DIYAudio Forum, I suspect that this could be a good way to both raise funds and awareness for the forum.

I would be interested on what comes around design wise. Has anyone made an attempt at designing, or is it a question of waiting to see the new forum visuals. I kinda lost track abit as the thread rollercoasted off topic. (not complaining about that by the way)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.