I Wanna T-shirt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
OK
I have been a member now for a short while and learned so much.
Thank-you to all the people who have helped in the learning process.
It is time I made another donation to funding and I will do so later.

Here is the thing; we seem to have lots of members but I have never seen any indication of our status as financial contributors.

I would be prepared to contribute more if I got a little something in return, therefore the subject heading, what are people's thoughts on the subject.
i'm posting in speakers but if moderators think it needs to be moved then please do so.

regards from a novice getting better quickly thanx to every-ones help
Ted

Moondog55 said:
Thank-you to all the people who have helped in the learning process.

Aren't the members here great?

It is time I made another donation to funding and I will do so later.[/B]

Excellent. Funding is always appreciated.

we seem to have lots of members but I have never seen any indication of our status as financial contributors.[/B]

There is a list somewhere but it is outdated and I don't remember where it is.

I would be prepared to contribute more if I got a little something in return, therefore the subject heading, what are people's thoughts on the subject.[/B]

Uh-oh, someone's letting their altruism slip.

i'm posting in speakers but if moderators think it needs to be moved then please do so. [/B]

OK.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
My thought was a T-shirt with DIY Audio DOT com, priced in US dollars at a reasonable premium, I'd go 15 USD for the Tee with a premium of 10 dollars for the logo.

Self interest and altruism combined ""Best of both worlds""

Donation follows regardless ( Combined as my partner is also registered as the female influence cannot be ignored SHMBO must be listened to if not obeyed slavishly )

regards

Ted and Cecile

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ladies and Gents, if I may...

This wonderful place here has the pleasure of being a worldwide forum. It has a huge membership base and some of the great minds in the industry contributing their time and knowledge. One of the biggest and best of it's kind in the world.

It is also run by volunteers. We spend what time we can and hope it continues to be everything people want when asking for help, offering assistance or just showing off something they've built. It's been good for me from all three sides of that coin.

IMHO, to take it to the next level would mean a concerted effort to get something like T-shirts off the ground. Not trying to be a bummer here but think about it. Extra funds needed to get things underway means having a donation pledge. This place isn't about the money, we only have begathons when things are getting desperate. It takes a certain amount of money to run the place and so far the owner's input along with member pledges have kept our heads above water.

I think if something like that ever happens, it might be that we find someone we could put on payroll. Someone to look after the business side of things, you know, a real go-getter, a sales tiger to really get things going, sending t-shirts worldwide! Actually, t-shirts bedamned - we're going for a full line of clothing! Ya diyAudio! :smash:

Nope, not gonna happen. This place is about people with a common interest(s) hanging out, arguing, sharing stories and tech info.

Mind you T-shirts are a cool idea. Who wants to design it? ;)

All things considered, I think the Mods do a great job keeping this forum up -- I am sure it must take a tremendous amount of effort. (I am in awe of the work that must have gone into making a clean pumpkin preamp thread with no OT posts:devilr: , and the work that must go into keeping unfriendly members in line.)

For that amount of effort alone, plus all the free advice (and most of it is even good advice!) is more than enough to deserve a donation. (IMHO)

T-shirts might be nice, but I certainly wouldn't expect anyone here to take that on unless they volunteered to do it.

Thanks Mods,
JJ

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Ok then can I have permission to use our existing logo and print a few of my own??

Just to show how proud I am to belong to such a knowledgable and generous bunch of intelligent and articulate people ( Blatent sucking up and grovelling )

T-shirts aside, I just like belonging to this on-line community.

Cal every-one knows how hard you guys work, don't think nobody appreciates it , I think we all do but I only speak for myself.
:D
:D :D
Tee-shirts good idea but too difficult to implement,
NO PROBLEM so long as experts continue to listen and give help on all of my dumd questions.
Regards
Ted

This site makes t-shirt selling pretty easy in case it suits:

http://www.cafepress.com/

along with hats and all other kinds of apparel. Basically, you upload your artwork and then choose which items you want to be for sale. You (the seller) can choose whether to make any money on a shirt - or not.
No charge to the seller. CafePress makes a little money on each sale.

Here's the site I set up a few years ago: www.cafepress.com/roam

Bob

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
poynton said:
I thought that recognition of your donation was a personnal tag line under your user name.

Andy

You need to ask for it. It's akin to giving yourself a nickname, you know like "Ace" or "Champ" in real life.
Not something I'd be up for. :)

EDIT: Why not organize a group buy for the tee's? No different from any other.

i like this forum, and yes, we donated

it means that Moondog is only "doing research" on his next (unfinshed) project, always planning the next and best, and not chatting at some dubious place peopled by shady characters

where are my speakers, the ones that you promised me two years ago, and for which i relented and actually BOUGHT you your P13 whatever Vifas

BTW...the handle is SWMBO...W, not H, is for WHO

:D

MJL21193 said:
EDIT: Why not organize a group buy for the tee's? No different from any other.

Group buy is OK, but why not decide on a design, and then it can be printed in country of origin. What with costs of international postage nowadays (yup, I've bought from nearly everywhere), it makes sense to print locally.

My entry (un-original)!

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 556
Group buy is OK, but why not decide on a design, and then it can be printed in country of origin. What with costs of international postage nowadays (yup, I've bought from nearly everywhere), it makes sense to print locally.
There are 100's of T-shirt manufacturer (garment) here in my city :D Cheaper, go to China, off course, but don't know about quantity though.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The cafepress shirt I uploaded many years ago - I've always wanted to have tshirts :)

Rest assured, there will be quality tshirts coinciding with the launch of the new site, which is about a month away (it's always a month away, but this time it's "really" a month away) :) Your support is always appreciated and what better way to show it than to wear it :)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
My goal is to make diyAudio self supporting without sacrificing any of the non-commercial feel that has made it what it is today.

What's coming? Update to the current version of vBulletin, nicer looking logo and web design, vastly improved methods of searching, ways to get the "best of the best" in the forum into plain view, newsletter, and more!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.