Murphy's law for electronics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for an article, an application note from one of the big companies I think (ADI, National...)

They mentioned a Murphy's law for electronics, in about 10 points. One being "transistors blow to protect the fuses" another is something like "prototypes always work in the lab and never during presentations"

does anyone remember what article it was? I'm looking for it

thanks!

thanks guys, but unfortunately that's not the file I was looking for :(

the one I remember is an old application note (maybe something else) and is not in written but "scanned" format. the murphy's law for electronics are given at the beginning of the document and are not longer than half a page.

SY: please don't refer to my age, I just went 25 so I feel like an old fart now :p
BTW; how's life on the other side of the ocean? drop me a line when you're going to europe

Yes. Once the initial stiffness and stickiness subside after putting back on in the morning, due to the body heat...they get very smooth and fluid in terms of comfort zone. Periodically, larger chunks of the 'grease' and such have to be removed, as they gum up the lubrication zone and cause premature chafing. If this is done in a fastidious manner, the designated one year wear period can be reached.

Note: For the more daring....chafing can also be considered as part of the lubrication 'process', if allowed to progress to open sores. At that point stiffness can develop as a serious problem upon attempts at physical motion after the rest period. This 'morning stiffness' issue can be more problematic with the more extended rest periods (ie, after a 40oz of Rye Whisky), due to more pronounced drying of the lubricants. Constant secretion of lubricant is the only effective way to ameliorate this issue. Thankfully, incontinence during the Rye induced extended rest period is common, and the desired lubrication takes place in a near automatic manner.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Ah, soft colonial types. Who needs underwear?

Attachments

• khyber.jpg
    khyber.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 119
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.