Help with InFocus LP340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmm. never seen that before.

if you have access to an ESR meter, if you pull the lid off and take out the power supply, youll see 2 small yellow transformers in the middle of the board next to a large capacitor in the middle between the two.

well you need to ring check the primary windings of both transformers with an ESR meter, they should be about 10 ohms or so.

if one of them ESRs around 0 ohms most likely the windings are shorted, and the cause of your trouble.

also the logic lock-up is being caused by the regulator opto going bad in the power supply. once it goes bad, itll blow up the power supply like most do.

those are the only 2 things i can think of.

if you had another unit, you could swap out the supply to see what was happening.

yea, but i havent seen that EXACT issue before. so the only thing one can do is crack it open and have a looksie.

but i HAVE seen it ignite the lamp, but the lamp would be dim for a short period of time, and then cut off. i have seen that. and thats caused by shorted turns in the boost converter coil primary.

I would like to get more information about getting this board (MagneTek Model: 3979-03-100 or InFocus 510-1486-25 from an InFocus LP340B) either repaired, or how to repair it myself if at all possible. I'm currently a new member and under moderation, so I can't send an E-Mail directly. I've already done a quick check of the board to have a blown Q500 and a very fried circuit which was connected to a Heatsink on the top of the board, along with a bad Capacitor next to it. The Q500 remains on the board but is obviously broken in half. I have removed the Heatsink and attached Circuit (Tough with the silicone) and the Capacitor along with the soldered in fuse. I have the board currently outside the unit for possible future repairs. (I have kept all removed components for reference/replacement purposes)

if you want to attempt this, there are several parts that need to
be replaced as follows:

Viper100A controller. (not sure of the U number. burried in silicone).
Q500 = small signal PNP, part number FMMT3906TA Sot23
D500, D501 part number BAV99 Sot23
D503 part number BAW56 SOT23
100UF 25V capactor.
R514 2Kohm 1/4watt SMD resistor
R517 100K ohm.
U1 ET1102 opto-isolator. lots of cross and compatibles. look around.
CR500 IR3J international rectifier diode.
main line fuse. 5Amp 250V BUSS fuse. reccommend using a fuse holder.

check R515, and R516 for opens. replace if necessary.

check C508, C511, C501, C505 for shorts. if none, proceed to do ONLY above
component replace.

if any of these are shorted, you must do above replace, AND then replace:
U504 L6561D controller IC.
R581 22ohm 1/4 watt SMD

thats about it. ;-)

Infocus LP530

Hi! iI got a lamp from ywh it worked great the first day i testet it (bright and with good colours).But sadly the next day the projector broke down just after 30 minutes.After checking the powerboard the first thing i noticed was that the resistor R577 is burned (and open) and the condensator C518 is shorted.After some reading in this great forum I guess that the viper100a and one or two photocouplers SFH617A-2 is gone too and C13
(el.condensator 100mikroF. 25V).And the 3 pinned component on the left of C518 marked ?508 (i can´t read the first letter ).
I guess schematics for this powerboard is impossible to find.If i gonna try to repair this i need to know the values of the following:

R577 ??? ohms (can´t read the numbers because its burnt think it begins with a 5 and ends with a 0)
C518 ?? (got no markings)
?508 don´t know what this is transistor or diod ?? (it´s marked n5 JE)

Projector: Infocus LP530
Ballast: MagneTek Model: 3A49-03-100 (Output:75VDC @ 3.6A)Original lamp is: 270w SHP now lamp is 270w JYS/DC from ywh

Can you mbates14 or anybody here help me with this, or where i can find a new powerboard?
Any help would be great! Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• burnt.gif
    burnt.gif
    90.6 KB · Views: 654
and that still didnt fix the original issue. all that did was increase runcurrent / start voltage for a newer type lamp they started producing that was mercury free. RoHS.

anyway, they produced more than one different version, ive seen about 4 different versions when repairing them. SEVERAL revisions...

I came across this thread while looking for info about the blown power supply on my Proxima DP6500x. Apparently its power board is a VERY similar design to the Astec. The part number on it is 510-1615-06.

Unfortunately, it appears the components are a tad different (despite having the same numbering scheme). The ones I could read were different from those that have already been mentioned in the thread (though some were the same).

mbates14: I don't suppose you know component vales for this board as well? The VIPer100a has definitely blown, as have Q501, D501, and D502. Several resistors in the vicinity are open too. Without values for them there's really nothing I can do.

LP340b magnatek mod 3979-03-100

"it would be easier if you sent them to me to get repaired as i can fix MOST of them, not all of them and have a quick turnaround time. PM me for details, im sorta backlogged with quite a few of them now, so it might take longer than usual."

mbates14,
Please contact me. Been to India and back trying to get parts for this InFocus LP340b. I would like to send you this board, for repair, magnatek mod 3979-03-100. It works but have to wiggle chord and hold mouth just right to get it to stay on. I think it took the lamp out but have backup. I will not pretend to know anything about electronics, I leave that to you gifted few. But hopefully I can put the board back in. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

quote:
Originally posted by mbates14
only real difference is the ignition voltage.

there are a series of 5 resistors, and another resistor directly under the ballast transformer that need adjusting/replacing. :)

This is not spam its just i would like to know the answer

Hi, could you elaborate which resistors exactly and their new values? I appreciate so much that info ..

I have a LP340B projector a new model lamp and power supply no upgraded. (I think in good shape)

Thanks

Hey,

i have an exploded power supply on my workbench, too.
It seems that the primary side isn't that bad destroyed, but on the secondary side almost all parts of the voltage feedback are gone.
Can anyone tell me the values of the resistors R 500 - R 507, please.
They are not readable anymore. A picture of this part of the board with readable values would be fine, too.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.