Help with InFocus LP340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tiotion said:
Well well Mbates seems your the man to go to regarding blown power supplies. Id you dont mind id like to bother you a tad regarding a LP755 power supply, ASTEC AA20440. Projector was faulty when i bought it, so i opened up the power supply and found a few components which have exploded. Is it just a matter of replacing these blown components or are there others that i'd need to replace too?

Pics attached below

Thanks for any help in advance

Nope, not familiar with this one. sorry bro. id have to see a working one alongside a dead one to figure out whats what.

SP7200 power problem

I have a Toshiba TDP-MT8U projector (same as Infocus SP7200), and am in need of a replacement or rebuild of the ballast board. Unit shuts off after powering up and reaching full brightness, will repeat until system shuts down. Last time this happened, unit was repaired by service center and the paperwork says that they replaced the ballast board, so I am assuming that this is the same problem again. Could it be the pwr supply itself, or something else? Would think that the unit would not power up at all if it were the pwr supply. Both fans work, also.

Can you get a replacement or repair the one that I have? If so, how much?

Attachments

• cimg0633.jpg
    cimg0633.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 251
Hi All,
I have a few Infocus LP340, 340B & LP350 power boards/ballast if someone needs one. I can install it for you or ship it to you. I also have main boards for the same models as well as complete optic light engines.
Same goes for Infocus LP500 & LP530 power boards/ballasts, main boards & light engines. I also do repairs in these units & stock all parts except lamps though I try to keep them in stock as well.
Regarding MBATES repairs he is very good at his job & has repaired near 100 different power boards for me in the past with no complaints. Thank you.
Jim

I have a Toshiba TDP-MT8U projector (same as Infocus SP7200), and am in need of a replacement or rebuild of the ballast board. Unit shuts off after powering up and reaching full brightness, will repeat until system shuts down. Last time this happened, unit was repaired by service center and the paperwork says that they replaced the ballast board, so I am assuming that this is the same problem again. Could it be the pwr supply itself, or something else? Would think that the unit would not power up at all if it were the pwr supply. Both fans work, also.

Can you get a replacement or repair the one that I have? If so, how much?

Hi !
you can short here, the ballast is bad if can not start when you short. that need a new 250w ballast, I have it , yuweihua@163.net

Attachments

• ballast.jpg
    ballast.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 233
Infocus IN35 Powerboard

Hi there

Another person with a projector power board problem here! I have a friend who is an electronic engineer and has fixed infocus projectors for me in the past but we're having difficulties with this one,no power at all...

The board is made by power-one and has the model numbers 3e87 and 510-2189-00 I cant seem to get any info on this at all

any ideas would be aprechiated :)

Best
Simon

Hi.

I recently aquired a second hand Toshiba TDP-MT8 (Infocus SP7200 clone) which is totally dead. No fans, lights etc. Sounds like this is a common problem with the power supply. I have managed to source a schematic of the PSU. The schematic number 1615-06-00 seems to match a number on the board also looking parts/layout of the schematic they also seem to match. Any ideas if this is indeed correct?

Next step is to try and fix it. The problem I have is that the secondary side (18pin connector) voltages are all too low. e.g. 12v is 2.5v, 3.3v is 0.75v and -8.5 is -1.5. The power connector to the lamp is reading about 700v when the PSU is totally disconnected. Is this ok? Any suggestions for a fix? From reading this thread sounds like the Viper100a should be the first thing to check.

Thanks.

Attachments

• InFocus PSU Schematic.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 281
Hi. I've just been testing the PSU. Looks like the schematic is good based on comparisons i've made so far. I can't see any fried components as others have and also can't see anything shorted on the primary side. Is it still worth replacing the Viper100a? Btw I think power to the ballast is ok as it reads about 380v DC which is what the schematic is saying. Thanks.

Hi. Attached is a photo of the power board (not ballast) from TDP-MT8 (SP7200). There's a sticker on one of the large caps with details:

InFocus 510-1615-06 Rev 00
NMB 1F105J032PJW Rev 00

I've ordered some parts so will let you know how I get one.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSC00596.JPG
    DSC00596.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 300
Hi. Quick update. I've managed to get life back into the projector again. For how long who knows!

I ended up just changing these 2 components:

U2 - VIPer100a
C16 - 100uf 16v (swapped with 25v)

I think what happens is if the projector is left permanently plugged in the PSU bakes and kills the components. Really one of the fans should be permanently on providing it with air flow. After it shuts down (cools) I think i'll always unplug it. The lamp was only used for 362 hours according to the menu.

Hope this helps.

Yes C16 was the only real problem component I found. I replaced the Viper100a due to the reported failures in other PSUs but the original tested ok.

The cap was reading about 75uf so a little on the low side. Also I replaced it with a 105 degrees rated one as the original is only 85 degrees. Given how hot these things can get in standby seems like it should be higher.

Hi.

I recently aquired a second hand Toshiba TDP-MT8 (Infocus SP7200 clone) which is totally dead. No fans, lights etc. Sounds like this is a common problem with the power supply. I have managed to source a schematic of the PSU. The schematic number 1615-06-00 seems to match a number on the board also looking parts/layout of the schematic they also seem to match. Any ideas if this is indeed correct?

Next step is to try and fix it. The problem I have is that the secondary side (18pin connector) voltages are all too low. e.g. 12v is 2.5v, 3.3v is 0.75v and -8.5 is -1.5. The power connector to the lamp is reading about 700v when the PSU is totally disconnected. Is this ok? Any suggestions for a fix? From reading this thread sounds like the Viper100a should be the first thing to check.

Thanks.

hi
you also have the electric scheme of the ballast
that is the power supply of the lamp?
thanks

Hi.

Thanks.

hi
can you tell me as kindly you have done to find the electric scheme of the power supply?
I am looking for him scheme of the power supply/ballast for Infocus LP730
where I can find him?
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.