Help with InFocus LP340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. I am a newbie on the forum and need to contact mbates14 about the power supply issue on an LP350 that I was just given. The projector still works well, aside from the incessant light/dark flashing of the picture, which I assume is the power supply. I dont want to buy in to InFocus' ploy to get more money from me with an upgrade -- I just want a working projector ;). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry, i have been away from the forums for awhile, so any of you that have posted questions for me, im just now getting around to reading them.

Those power supplies are a design flaw by themselves.

I was doing work for a guy in Georgia repairing a mass load of these power supplies and has gotten to the point where its getting monotonous looking at them daily, hehe. I don't have a problem fixing them, but its at the point now where im getting scrapped for time. So any of you that need their supply fixed, about 85% of the time, I can fix them, but it may take a little longer than usual.

However, i can usually repair a wide variety of power supplies. I just fixed a couple of screenplay models that were dead, no powerup.

Hello MBates

some time ago i posted this

quote:
Originally posted by mbates14
only real difference is the ignition voltage.

there are a series of 5 resistors, and another resistor directly under the ballast transformer that need adjusting/replacing. :)

This is not spam its just i would like to know the answer

Hi, could you elaborate which resistors exactly and their new values? I appreciate so much that info ..

I have a LP340B projector a new model lamp and power supply no upgraded. (I think in good shape)

Thanks

Well well Mbates seems your the man to go to regarding blown power supplies. Id you dont mind id like to bother you a tad regarding a LP755 power supply, ASTEC AA20440. Projector was faulty when i bought it, so i opened up the power supply and found a few components which have exploded. Is it just a matter of replacing these blown components or are there others that i'd need to replace too?

Pics attached below

Thanks for any help in advance

Attachments

• photo051.jpg
    photo051.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 428
Sorry to perpetuate my question, but does the flickering light issue often lead to blown power supplies? I really want to get both issues taken care of at once (new lamp and power supply fix). As I said, the lamp is under warranty -- I was just wondering what kind of turnaround time there is for an LP350. If I could get both issues taken care of (meaning, while I'm waiting for the lamp, if I could send out the projector to MBates and have him fix the power supply). This doesn't mean that I would expect any kind of priority; it would just help in the sense that I'm not going to be able to use it for a good week or so, so if I could utilize that week towards the total power supply repair turnaround time, it would be ideal. Thank you again for all of your help!

infocus power supply

due to my acct being new i cant send you an email Mbates, but if you could fire me off the necessary info for repair, it would be very appreciative. Football season is underway and my backup projector isnt quite the same as the 7200. Here is my email....Treyfsu7@yahoo.com

Infocus LP540 Powersupply dead

Hello, my LP540-Powersupply is dead,
no 5V,3.3V....
High Voltage for the Bulb-circuit is ok.

I changed all caps, optocouplers, the TOP245YN-switching-circuit.
-> no success

Measuring with oscilloscope between Gnd and Drain of the TOP245YN shows very short pulses.
In my opinion, the transformer (CR 0351 573900917) is short circuited at the primary side...

any idea, where I can get a new powersupply, or a new transformer?

Signs on PCB:
E158063 KW0348
410-1828-20

any idea for a schematic?

Thanks in advance

InFocus Power Supply Repair

Mr mbates,

I have a dead InFocus power supply from my LP600. It was working fine up until the power was lost and now the projector will not power up (no LED, LCD etc).

I removed the supply and the fuse is good.

Do you still offer reapir for power supplies? Please email me if so and thanks for reading this.

Regards,

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.