Help with InFocus LP340 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd July 2007, 02:16 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

If interested i could sell my parts unit.

I have the boxlight version...it does power on,just no lamp i think the DLP unit is gone
Old 2nd July 2007, 04:05 PM   #12
CliffS is offline CliffS  United States
diyAudio Member

Default DLP 350 for parts

Yes,
I am interested in your parts unit, I cant email you yet because my account is "under moderation" I'm not if I can post my email on here so maybe if the system will let you email me
Old 3rd July 2007, 04:43 PM   #13
ywh is offline ywh
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to ywh
Default Re: Help with InFocus LP340

Quote:
Originally posted by miatawnt2b
I'm sure this isn't the right forum, but I need some help with an InFocus LP340. Seems the power supply cooked (it's an ASTEC AA21620) and a few parts exploded on the board. I am looking for a schematic for this unit. Ideas?
THanks,
J

give me some pics of your power supply
Old 4th July 2007, 04:19 PM   #14
ywh is offline ywh
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to ywh
I can found everything maybe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0032.jpg (70.1 KB, 863 views)
Old 6th July 2007, 03:09 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

My LP350 PS is obviously a newer type, a MagneTek 3979-03-100.
Can anybody tell me the type of the vaporised transistor (Q500)
on the attached pic?

Thx,
-ck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00337_2.jpg (75.2 KB, 809 views)
Old 6th July 2007, 06:27 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

guys. sheesh. lol, your not getting a schematic. ive tried, hunted and learned. ive worked on over 50 of these power supplies and i know how they work by the back of my hand now, without a schematic.

Q500 is a PNP small-signal transistor.

you will need to replace the 2 diode packs which ar enothing more than 3 1N4148s, the viper, the opto-isolator, a secondary diode in the power supply, that transistor, and possibly the 2K startup resistor, along wiht the 100uf 35V cap.

it would be easier if you sent them to me to get repaired as i can fix MOST of them, not all of them and have a quick turnaround time. PM me for details, im sorta backlogged with quite a few of them now, so it might take longer than usual.
Old 9th July 2007, 11:09 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

mbates14,

pls ping me as my account is "under moderation".

Stupid game, isn't it?

Thx,
-ck
Old 10th July 2007, 12:53 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

the PM system isnt turned on on this board. wonder why...
Old 10th July 2007, 12:57 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

anyway, its practically the same circuit on all of the different supplys made for that unit. the only difference between the two is the aztecs used a different resistor combination on the current regulator comparator to the lamp. it sorta "bursts" to full brightness rather than slowly gaining full brightness. they extincted that one becuase the burst can sometimes blow lamps, or even worse, blow the B+ boost converter regulator in the power supply.
Old 9th August 2007, 03:51 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to adamsfam5 Send a message via Yahoo to adamsfam5
mbates14,
You seem to be extreemly knowlegeable about this model. I have a problem that I have seen in a few other places on the web without specific intstructions for fixing.

Problem: LP335. Unit will power up, bulb starts dim and comes up to brighness, menu displays and then within 20 seconds, the logic locks up and the bulb goes out. No control of the power button at this point. If I pull power cord and re attach, I can then attempt power up again. If I power it down using the button before it locks up, it will sucessfully power down.

It just seems that there is something either power supply related or logic related that freezes up after about 20 seconds. This particular bulb has only about 10 hours on it.

I can do component level repair, but don't know where to start.

Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!