Philips CD960 - focus error ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I've obtained a complede CDM-0/1 service manual. But I found out that I have loosened a screw that wasn't intended to. Now I messed up the factory-made alignment of the laser diode in relation to the photodiode. I think I need a new laser/photodiode unit and then do the adjustment procedure with the mirror and the light grid and so on. I'm still loking for another cheap CD-104 on Ebay to get this part out of it.

tonyptony said:

Andy, do these people have the alignment procedure as well?

Well, here's the answer I got from them:

"Hello,

sorry, it is impossible to find a manual of CDM1pro (MKII)

Do you have questions of repair or need parts ....
.... you are searching owner- or service manuals .... please ask me

Regards

Heinz"

I have a feeling the second part of the response was meant more to say "IF you have questions...". So much for that.

CD960 - CDM1 problem

Good job CD for 10$ , it is a great CD player. Maybe is to late to help you but I can give you my expiriance regarding transport problem.

1. Cleaning your CD with compresed air may damage flat cable for the open/close switch. Check that first
2. Make shure to cover the lens with something?!!? when you clean with compresed air .
2. Change transport belts ( you have four of them ) , be carefull when you return the metal transport wire ( not to damage the spring )
3. Speed of the tray is somethimes problem it goes to quick, try to tune four screws on side of the tray! If it is to quick CD does not spin.
4. You can enter service mode for the transport pressing play stop forward together and power on.

- test 1 is for laser movment
- test 2 is for laser optics movement
- test 3 is for motor

You should do it with the CD inserted.
Buton forward backward changes tests.

Thats all for now!

Done

CD960 - CDM1 problem

Good job CD for 10$ , it is a great CD player. Maybe is to late to help you but I can give you my expiriance regarding transport problem.

1. Cleaning your CD with compresed air may damage flat cable for the open/close switch. Check that first
2. Make shure to cover the lens with something?!!? when you clean with compresed air .
2. Change transport belts ( you have four of them ) , be carefull when you return the metal transport wire ( not to damage the spring )
3. Speed of the tray is somethimes problem it goes to quick, try to tune four screws on side of the tray! If it is to quick CD does not spin.
4. You can enter service mode for the transport pressing play stop forward together and power on.

- test 1 is for laser movment
- test 2 is for laser optics movement
- test 3 is for motor

You should do it with the CD inserted.
Buton forward backward changes tests.

Thats all for now!

Done

CDM-1 manual adjustment

Hi,
CDM-1 adjustment is very complicated especially when the 3 trimpot has been moved from its original position and the more worst case when the optic has been unscrewed or moved from its housing - because it was set with special precise tool at factory. However I was able to manualy fixed it again after long .. long time in my two units CDM-1, by trying to move it in its position with a very very small fraction. The Philips CD304 and CD304 MKII now well working. Herewith attached my 3 units CDM-0, and CDM-1.

Attachments

• cdm units.jpg
    cdm units.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 241
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.