john westlake products info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi John,

I don't want to stray off topic, but earlier in the thread you mentioned you could supply a modified transport for DPA dacs with deltran. I just purchased an enlightenment dac and my cambridge cd6's digital out doesn't seem to be working. Thought I may as well get a new transport and take advantage of the deltran connection.

Could you please provide some details about the transport, ie. whether or not you'd still be able to provide one and perhaps an idea about the cost?

Many thanks,

Justin

Service Manual

Hi John,

I own a cardinal and ordinal which both refuse to read cd's anymore. Thanks for your tip I managed to find a new Sanyo drive mechanism with laser fitted. You mentioned that you could send a service manual from cambridge. I think I could use any help for adjusting the new laser
inside the PT. Hopefully I can bring the PT's back to lifr.

Besides did we met at the PT factory a couple of years ago? I was there with my friend Willibald Bauer from Munich. I'm the photographer... www.studiofries.de

Greetings,
Christoph

Hi guys,

I'm very sorry for not posting - I'm working 17 hour days, and still late on everything!

I will be back in Europe from 5 April so can spend sometime replying.

Sorry for the delay.

loris.p,

If you want you can ship your Dacapo board to be while I'm in Europe, and I will take a look at it FOC.

John

Pink Triangle DaCapo DC battery supply

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I might obtain a working D.C. battery supply for my Pink Triangle DaCapo DAC?

I have a Cardinal transport and two DaCapo DACs and I would like to give the D.C supply a try!

If anyone can help, then please get in touch.

Best regards,

glj38

DC BATTERY SUPPLY FOR Pink Triangle DaCapo DAC

Hello all,

I've recently purchased a DC battery supply for my Pink Triangle DaCapo DAC. The fascia switch does not release once depressed. Does anyone know if this is important? The switch doesn't appear to do anything as the unit seems to operate automatically; is it safe to leave the unit switched on continually? Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Graham.

Hi achcheng,

First production PCB files for the Mini DAC where issued on Friday - so we expect about a week before we see the boards,

I will keep you updated - I will be in HK sometime between 14th to 17th April for the TDC show - maybe we could meet one evening.

Thanks,

John

This is very interesting, so why is there no news on the Cambridge website. I remember when the original Dacmagic was due to be released, it was at least a year late!

JW said that his products would only be sold via the web? However, business is business.

If this does come out next month, Richers are bound to have people queing round the block.a

Audio1st. I bought a 640cV1 about a month before the V2 came out. It had a strange habit when used with a DAC of cutting the signal every time you opened the drawer. I took it back and said it was faulty and got a V2. Of course the V2 does it as well! Still I got a free up-grade.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.