john westlake products info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So either that was a mistake by the assistant or the IT dept / stock management or Richer sounds have already decided to not continue to stock that and are clearing what they purchased.

Or it's just some kind of sales ploy?

Was it previously listed at more than £200?

It's a neat little size. I wonder if it comes with an external PSU.

Was reading Johns facts:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=803344#post803344

If i use sound from pc, led to a surround receiver by an optical spdif cable, when the dac has a proper clock the clock recovery from spdif is not that important anymore? Or do i see that wrong. Uses the dac in the receiver two clock signals, the spdif's data stream clock and its own Master clock?

In short: i only have to replace the simple 12Mhz Xtal into a proper low jitter clock?

Happy New Year to all first of all.

John,

You are probably the only professional member here who has mentioned any implementation using ECL logic in digital products.
I wonder if you could be kind enough to share your experience with us, especially in comparison with newer generations of high speed CMOS, and what to watch out for in implementation.

Best regards,
Patrick

IS it possible to see these products yet? I am especially intereted in the transport as I have just found a nice Isomagic dac.

I have an IsoMagic DAC with an upgraded power supply (and a second IsoMagic just for backup). My DiscMagic transport recently died. I was intending to buy John's new T1 transport, which he had said would clock-lock with the IsoMagic, but I guess the design changed and he said recently that the T1 clock cct will not be compatible with the Iso.

Now I'm looking for a way to feed the IsoMagic. Without clock-lock, the IsoMagic sounds very ordinary, so I need some sort of reclocking device or a way to add clock-synch to a third party CD or DVD player. Anyone have any suggestions? (Prefer to buy rather than build.)

Last edited:
If the electronics of the transport still clock-lock you can take the syncronized S/PDIF output and feed a pro-audio soundcard in a PC. This will then clock the output to be in sync with the IsoMagic and you have a locked transport-DAC with the added benefit of being able to play music from a hard drive.

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.