Denon 2900 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2005, 05:18 AM   #1
caoauto is offline caoauto  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Denon 2900

Hi all, I have problem with my denon 2900 DVD that play very well on DVD but it does have problem of reading the CD redbook or copy CD or SACD. Where should I start looking at? Any one in here have the schematic for sale? or where should I buy ? should I do some upgrade? like start to change those opamps? remove the caps ? change those diodes?. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 7th September 2005, 06:52 AM   #2
maf_au is offline maf_au  Australia
diyAudio Member

Here's a start:

DIY Audio trading post - Denon 2900 mod parts

Michael
Old 7th September 2005, 01:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Denon 2900

Quote:
Originally posted by caoauto
Hi all, I have problem with my denon 2900 DVD that play very well on DVD but it does have problem of reading the CD redbook or copy CD or SACD. Where should I start looking at? Any one in here have the schematic for sale? or where should I buy ? should I do some upgrade? like start to change those opamps? remove the caps ? change those diodes?. Thanks for any help in advance.
You are addressing two questions here:

1) A playing problem you have with your Denon. That is not likely to be solved by any upgrades.

2) Upgrading parts to improve the sound.

I have similar problem with my Pioneer DV525, that refuses to play many CDs I have, but plays any DVD I put in. Unusually sometimes plays a CD copy of the same original I have and not the original.

Carlos
Old 7th September 2005, 09:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default denon 2900

Thanks for replys so far. Yes I have 2 isues and though upgrade might solve the problem, but if not I better fix it first before talking about upgrading. You are right, play good on DVD but not on CD That is acxactly what I have problem with, so what did you fix ? or how to deal with ?
Old 8th September 2005, 03:24 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: denon 2900

Quote:
Originally posted by caoauto
You are right, play good on DVD but not on CD That is acxactly what I have problem with, so what did you fix ? or how to deal with ?
Well, I don't know how to deal with that CD problem in the Pioneer. But as long as it plays the DVDs fine I will stick with it, and use another player for the CDs.

Right now I started another thread here that didn't get much attention, about a likely candidate: a Marantz LV500. It might be great player, solid and all that, as long as it doesn't threat me with another problem of its own: locking itself up.

But when it played, for CDs it was better than the Pioneer ever was.

Carlos
Old 9th September 2005, 07:14 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi, Any one know the part number of the denon schematic 2900?. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th September 2005, 07:34 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

You should contact DENON - try the web site, give them a call and they'll send you a CD with pdf user manual.

The problem is related to a different reflectivity of CD ROM's. Even music CD's you buy in shops vary A LOT when it comes to reflectivity. I have discovered that some bad music CD ROM's have 25% less reflectivity than majority of other music CD's. This could be a problem - especially when the pick-up has to find the beginning of a track! (that is - if it manages to read the TOC at all…)

Regards,

Extreme_Boky
Old 10th September 2005, 07:37 AM   #8
Chartal is offline Chartal  Canada
diyAudio Member

Look there, they have service manual and some parts.

Pacific Coast Parts Distributors
Old 15th November 2005, 09:06 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default denon 2900

Hi every one. Just got the service manual schematic for it. find out bad laser in the CD side and it is kind weak on the DVD side too, I try to see if any magnet that stuck junk in it but it is very clean.
Now the question is how do I get cheaper laser to replace it? because I check the part they want for $100.00 for the whole Assembly, or should I pull the audio board out to build as a DAC for another transport? because it sounds very good, alot music and 8 times up sampling 24 bids 192Khz DAC, and disconect the multi chanel. Thanks again for all the helps.
Old 20th May 2006, 08:22 PM   #10
lardyl is offline lardyl  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

hi all
looking to solve the same problem but can't yet find a parts supplier willing to ship to England - anyone know of one who can supply the schematic on CD and/or the part# 9KC2A063B (updated transport assembly)?
also if anyone has a "spare" copy of the DVD2900 schematic on CD I could offer some $$ in exchange - feel free to email me at lardy_one@(no spam thanks)dsl.pipex.com, minus the (no spam thanks) ...

thank you

ian

Hide this!Advertise here!