Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I'm using a spare TX wich gives 15.6V DC.

Maybe a pre-reg as a 7812 will be nice here or my LT1086 (wich can benefit of a huge heatsink) at an ideal voltage (9V?)? No side effect?

Also it's now used for 7805 at DAC's analog and Decoder's analog, have no idea if use it only for DAC or DAC+Decoder+Clock Ref...
Remember I use SMD regs ( http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9682/dsc00023aoj.jpg ) wich have less heat tranfert surface and after havin my finger at the Decoder's analog 7805 it's hot, no way to burn me but more than warm.

Thanks felows,
Matthieu

Malefoda said:
Hi guys,
may someone confirm or give better location for 10V regs as U161 for +10V and U162 for -10V?

Matthieu

Not quite! You need to look at U234 and U237 too.

You must remove U234, U237 & U161

Feed in at U234 & U237 or at U161 & U162 and add a wire to join servo side of U237 and U161.

Diagram will make clear. Remove red and add blue.

Attachments

• cd63_servo.jpg
    cd63_servo.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 176
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Nice cool ideas about regulating servo´s 10v..... What should we expect from such a mod ? Better definition ?

I did power the servos with a dedicated psu and some sregs on the 5v lines but I am puzled about this 10v stuff.... what should be the benefits ?

What is the function of the 10v lines inside the servos ?

Looking forward for your comments Matthieu !

Ricardo

Hi guys,
Glenn that is nice as I'll have more room there to fit my regs.
Ricardo the idea here was given by Glenn who will confirm it does great for bass control & timing. Brent added the fact that at 9V it works like a charm. Mine should do 9.7V according to resistors...
About the sample Ti is upset and my last order had comment like "man it cost us money what exactly your company build?"... I must slow down... ;)

Malefoda said:

About the sample Ti is upset and my last order had comment like "man it cost us money what exactly your company build?"... I must slow down... ;)

I think they're checking out the people who've ordered samples. They want to come round to my house and help me build my dac! Which is nice of them, but I've had to put it on hold due to a lack of funds:mad:

Lee.