Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Ok many thanks guys,
I'll try to see... what I can ask the new owner to test :'(
The player is not home anymore, but the money of the guy, wich is all but happy to get a faulty player! I hate such case, really hate it!
I was not confident in shipping, sadly I was right.
It was a clean and good job done... a pure waste!

Matthieu

edit: not the real stuff, the main 5V cap is a good one... on the right polarity ;)

Attachments

• FCDP.jpg
    FCDP.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
its only registering mv after the diodes, the diodes are ok as is swapped them for new ones even though they tested ok.

thanks

If you have AC in, you should have DC out unless the diodes are knackered!!!!

Get yourself a copy of the service manual (plenty of links here).

Are you 100% sure the diodes are in the right way round??? What type are they?

Hi guys,

I got an e-mail a while ago from someone who added a Complementary Feedback Pair (a what???) to the DOS. This is a very interesting upgrade for the DOS, but i've lost his e-mail address. I think it was a Steve, but i'm not sure. Could you contact me? I've done some simulations that i'd like to share.

BTW, I have new DOS and Flea boards in, for those who are interested. My website has (finally) moved to it's own domain, so please update your bookmarks.

Ray

Hi

I am Interested at DOS using with cs4397
Is It better than original output stage at SA8400
what about that http://members.quicknet.nl/ra.vdsteen/pdfs/SACDenhancer_evo3.pdf

Yes, it is! And i'm not just saying that because i'm selling the boards :)
You can replace the entire three-stage analog filter of that player, including the HDAM circuit. The sound will really open up with the DOS.

The SACD Enhancer in the PDF is the original circuit by UltrAnalog the DOS is based on. But the DOS also has a third-order passive filter on-board with the same characteristic of the original Marantz filter.

Regards,

Ray