Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Indeed it does!

I originaly used them with a pair of SPowers and they were truely outstanding.

You could always phase your approach. Start with the DOS and std additional 78/79xx regs. The migrate to something like SPower? They really come alive with decent regulation.

But then I believe in the following statement

" when listening to audio, you are really listening to the power supply!"
:eek:

Hi guys, one week without Internet was a pain...
The player was sold on eBay, cheaper than a CD63 KI... a pitty, 10 or 20€ more than a "opamp and 4 caps" mod! People are so stupid... including me.
I've been through the no-mech action, fitted back the original servo Xtal and now it focus well... but no spin at all, error 10. If my master clock is dead, as it's the Decoder's duty to run the disc motor, what it does? Error 10?

Thanks
Matthieu

CD63SE as transport

Hello everyone. I have an old CD63SE with cheap clock modification, and better power cord cable (both hungarian small-scale product), and some case reinforcement with bitumen sheets. What do you think, can I use as transport? better, egal or weaker than notebook with M2Tech HiFace Usb/SPDIF converter. I don't listen higher sample rate/higher bit resolution music just CD-s. What's the recommended mods for use as transport? My dac currently a chinese AD1865N dac with tube output and i'm thinking about acquiring a Behringer SRC2496 and change old AK4393 to AK4396 and build a tube output a-la Lampizator.
Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad english...

Hello everyone. I have an old CD63SE with cheap clock modification, and better power cord cable (both hungarian small-scale product), and some case reinforcement with bitumen sheets. What do you think, can I use as transport? better, egal or weaker than notebook with M2Tech HiFace Usb/SPDIF converter. I don't listen higher sample rate/higher bit resolution music just CD-s. What's the recommended mods for use as transport? My dac currently a chinese AD1865N dac with tube output and i'm thinking about acquiring a Behringer SRC2496 and change old AK4393 to AK4396 and build a tube output a-la Lampizator.
Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad english...

I was planning to do the same, so I bought a SRC2496. When I hooked it up (unmodded), my Network Media Tank (sigma chip?) proved to be a better transport than my modded CD63...

We might be better of with buying a CD-player with a CDM9/4 (at least a recognized good mech) than trying to use the cd63.