Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

SimontY said:
Mehh. Maybe I need a new account with a different e-mail address and postal address ;)

There we go, now they're free. 5x LME49860NA ordered. :D

I'd just like to add that it's a pants name they've changed it to. I'll never remember that, just like I can't remember my phone number.

I'll be sure to try this new chip in my preamp and report. I don't expect it to sound any different though from the looks of that report on HeadFi.

Simon

SimontY said:
It still doesn't work, but it's yet another different mode of non-functionality. It now flashes "disc" intermittently and gently attempts to pull the draw in further every couple of seconds. It won't read the TOC or even spin the disc. It doesn't even want to give me the service mode. Not ideal, and less than 1 week till the UK DIY Audio meet!

Simon :xeye:

I am facing the same problem with one of the two CD63SEs that I possess. They are as yet untouched by me atleast. I bought them both off a second hand dealer.

While one player displays "disc" most often, it does play sometimes when I keep pressing different track numbers on the pad. I too noticed that it does not spin the disc and each time a number or play is pressed, the tray does move ever so gently. What could the problem be?

The other 63SE plays but skips while playing any track. I have checked and it is not any scratch on the CD and it does not repeat always at the same point on the track. This player also sounds much brighter and more metallic than the above mentioned player. It sounds very much like a CD53 that I bought for a friends, again from the same dealer.

I want to sort out each of these problems before proceeding with any mods. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

rowemeister said:

For the coax HF to RF mod just lift R501 and solder coax onto it.

I used the raw 10V before the standard 5V reg to the leds and used a resistor to drop the voltage. The idea behind blue leds is that it removes stray red light (from the laser). It appears to work better on some cd players than others. Does look cool tho

Brent

Brent do u have the point to the where u draw the power for 5v
, I don't know how to locate which are the voltage lines.
quite helpless with a board in front of me

:dead:

i can't find R150 might be covered by my messy caps lying ard.

Is there anyway I can measure which line i can draw from using the dmm.

My dmm have 2 sides, one with the vand a wavy line underneath and the other 2 lines under the V, which one should i use to measure the voltage? Do i need to plug the power in when measuring?