Philips cd753 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th June 2004, 05:34 AM   #1
nonos is offline nonos  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Default Philips cd753

Hello,

I look for the Philips CD 753,723 schematic or service manual.
I would like to make a transport with this CD.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks
Old 30th July 2009, 12:32 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default cd723 service manual

Here you go.

:-)
Old 6th December 2010, 08:59 PM   #3
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Hi, did you manage to find a copy of this manual? I got quite a few on my links page but not this one and I'm about to modify one for a friend. If you have one, I'd be grateful Thanks :-)
Old 17th December 2010, 08:43 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Many Thanks :-)
Old 14th April 2011, 08:14 PM   #6
JosM is offline JosM  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Could someone tell me what kind of modifications he has made? I'am also very interested in de CD 753.
Thanks a lot
Old 14th April 2011, 09:24 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi, I modded one of these for a friend. They are very very good as std. In fact they sound better than they look like they should.

I replaced the smoother in the psu (+10v before the reg) with much larger 22,000uF Panasonic TSUP's, Built a separate +/-12v regulated supply for the opamp stage and replaced the opamp with a LME49720HA, split the 5v rails for the DAC and fed with 3 independent regulators. I replaced lots of decoupling caps with Rubycon ZA's.

On the transport, I replaced the clock with decent oscillator powered from a low noise reg and replaced several caps with ZA's again.

I'm sure I did something with the elco's in the signal path on the output but I cant remember what!!!

The result was stunning. This player looks like a low end toy but would seriously give some "hi-fi" a run for its money with mods.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:30 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your comment. I will replace the opamp with a LM4562 and I recognise many of your mods.
Old 4th May 2011, 06:53 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I found a couple of pics showing the mods I did. Clock with decent reg, big caps on the rails, lots of small ZA caps for local decoupling and 3 separate regs on the dac. Oh and the opamp

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 5th May 2011, 08:20 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Very impressive. I have still a modification for you. You could remove the "mute" transistors at the output of the opamp. It is known that these transistors influences the sound, produced by the CD player.

Hide this!Advertise here!