Playstation as CD-player

My Playstations 1002...

I'm an addict of the mods PS 1002, some time ago I do the mods in PS 1002, the latter got into an LCD to see the tracks and may have options Repeat, Shuflle, and even diferenets types of sounds, such as Concert Hall , Done and Direct qye is what I use. In the sources I use the BYV diodes, the primary use Vichay, secondary and Elko, the output of the DAC use Mundorf.

I have a doubt, there will be some modicação able to remove the startup sound when connecting the PS? Must be written some kind Eprom chip, could be easy to remove it but do not know where you are!

He liked to use other commands other than the Sony, but I need help regarding trademarks.

Another issue is to increase the output gain is an old problem which always try to figure out just with various tests.

Here are some made ​​by me.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Even removing the video components as recommended by the site Mick Feuerbach, connecting the LCD signal is the same ....

The front keypad of the remote control operates independent entry.

Last edited:
I found some 2.5'' LCD's on ebay, be nice once there gutted down i'm sure and there only £10 so might be worth a look. 10 days shipping from China.

Tried some Limpbizkit and feels like i was there seeing it live really is coming out to you is the only way i can describe it.

If there was a way to stop that loading music be great

When people have the buttons on there for play stop etc are they using the remote hard wired in or something?

Last edited:
I found some 2.5'' LCD's on ebay, be nice once there gutted down i'm sure and there only £10 so might be worth a look. 10 days shipping from China.

Tried some Limpbizkit and feels like i was there seeing it live really is coming out to you is the only way i can describe it.

If there was a way to stop that loading music be great

When people have the buttons on there for play stop etc are they using the remote hard wired in or something?

Hello, do not advise the size LCD 2.5 ", I have the 3.5 " and find it a bit unreadable, this border, the ideal would be to 4.3.

The buttons on my PS is a former command by wire, stripped everything and just took the plug where it binds and the chip board, unsolder the contacts where I wanted and I put a bare circuit board.

Hello, do not advise the size LCD 2.5 ", I have the 3.5 " and find it a bit unreadable, this border, the ideal would be to 4.3.

The buttons on my PS is a former command by wire, stripped everything and just took the plug where it binds and the chip board, unsolder the contacts where I wanted and I put a bare circuit board.

I was thinking of keeping the current case and just rehousing the new PSU in a nicer looking case hense the size of the LCD. Not really wanting too see a lot just know the tracks.

So are there set buttons on the controler that do certan functions

Depends on the rest of the system and the level of bass required. If you use between 2.2uf and 4.7uf, it should be ok.

Polypropylene caps are good for this. However if you are intending to fit them as per dogbreath's mods (i.e not moving the RCA's to the outside of the case) then Poly's will be much too large and you may have to use Wima's or something small.

Happy to move them where ever. I've got way to much on sadly to sit down and properly play with it and will be looking for someone to do the mods for me @ cost.

I'm happy to order all the parts in so it's there ready to go and im an addict on ebay.

4.7uf is there any set voltage? The PSU bay will be free but also happy to use caps externaly to add style

Olá, acho que podemos falar na língua de Camões, agradecia muito a ajuda na montagem deste relay, seria um tipo de atraso quando ligo a PS?

Cumpts

Better to stick with English...

One way to make the delay is with ne555 timer (needs only few additional components) and relays shunting to ground for example.I have seen few different ways to connect the muting relays,so better to check that before.Beware of "pop" sound when the relay opens/closes.

Yep,the timer would mute the player at start-up for the time needed.

Last edited:
Happy to move them where ever. I've got way to much on sadly to sit down and properly play with it and will be looking for someone to do the mods for me @ cost.

I'm happy to order all the parts in so it's there ready to go and im an addict on ebay.

4.7uf is there any set voltage? The PSU bay will be free but also happy to use caps externaly to add style

You have PM.

Sony PS1 as DAC?

I have a few of these as CD players and I am stunned by their analog-like sound. So stunned that I would like to run my iPod => digital dock => Sony PS1 DAC.

Does anyone have a schematic of the first generation SCPH-1001 player or has anyone detailed where to tap a digital signal into the Sony AKM DAC?

TIA

Modded PS1

My tubed PS1 is done.Much thanks to this thread for circuits and ideas.

Attachments

• P4020015.JPG
    P4020015.JPG
    257.8 KB · Views: 879