dac I/V convertion with very low distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to follow Calvin suggestion of using a current source to cancel the dac offset current.
The current offset and dc out is now control by a R29 (that will be a 1k resistor in serie with 1k potentiometer ).

I have added C8/R25 C10/R26 C4/R24 for stability.
And now every thing seems to be very stable, the most sensible nodes are the nodes named UP and DOWN.
If you wish, the input zobel can be omited, but i keep them, because i feel it add stability.

The main current sources ware also changed (v5 and V4 will be two green led in serie).

Attachments

• tagus_v2.jpg
    tagus_v2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 497
  • tagus2.asc
    9.6 KB · Views: 54
Below are the frequency response of the circuit before the modifications and after.
As you see the old version start to misbehave above 20Mhz With two enormous peaks at 33Mhz and 88Mhz .

The new version has a much stable frequency response

Note that this frequency response are measure without the output capacitor C1. The last figure is the response with the output capacitor.

Attachments

• stab_before.jpg
    stab_before.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 459
  • stab_after.jpg
    stab_after.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 414
  • stab_filter.jpg
    stab_filter.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 396
I bassically build your input stage but with a floating single supply like the Zen,Cen.
Ether the circuit does not work this way and needs a plus-minus supply or i have problems with stability. The scope shows some wild waveforms.

if you post a schema maybe i can help.

Edit: I have to take a better look to the sen/cen circuit as it seems are a lot of people interested.
If i understand you . you change the jfets by the bjt´s.

Last edited:
As i see circuit pots 208 the bias transistors sense the base current of the input transistors and add them to the other polarity of the output.
In the Leach the bases of the input transistors are simply held on a constant potential.
I use an optimized Leach input stage in my Nobrainer Phono. That does not have a floating supply though and filters and clamps the base current of the input transistors to ground for a 3dB noise advantage. Here the big electrolytic does that job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.