Schematic TEAC VRDS P700 Please Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi audiofanatic
thanks for your info.
this is proberly going to be my last major attempt at a top flight front end,hence my reason for going for a vrds mech.
the plan is to make transport and dac combination(havent thought about what dac yet,a kit would be good ,along with surggestions and ideas).
so what i need to ask you people in the know is how far down the scale is this transport compared to the 700 or the other better ones....or is the 700 the best.
if the vrds 10 was the best then i would hunt one of them down,just need to know as i would rather spend some time,little more money and have the best platform to build on(within reason cost wise,cant afford wadia type prices)
i hope im making sense here...
easy form,what version,model is best for performance(when modded) verses price etc.
all the best and thanks
smithie

Best VRDS

Hi,

The best VRDS is the full aluminum transport but it's to $$$$$$
The seccond best is the VRDS25X
Then the VRDS 25
These are all players.

Now the transports,

The VRDS 10
The P700
The P500

I have the P700 now and had the VRDS 25X and The VRDS 7
I also had the WADIA 8 transport and the 15 DAC but had to sell them $$$$$ :bawling:

But The P700 after mods is far more better than the WADIA 8 and the best DAC for this Transport is (to my taste/ears) the TDA 1543 with a Tube at the end!!!!!!! Nothing beats this set, not even WADIA!!!!

Well there is one player that can equal this set, that's the CD-80 from MARANTZ but as a NOS Player and with a tube in the IV stage and modifyed like Jean Paul stated.

All the best,

Audiofanatic ;)

I'm going to :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: now.

Attachments

• vrds p-70.jpg
    vrds p-70.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 545
hi audiofanatic
i so thank you for your speedy helpful replies.
funny enough my friend always goes on about the marantz cd80.
regarding the dac, is that like the "nikon non over sampling kit"
if not have you got any links to the dac you refer.
ive been in this game so long(buying stuff that is) that i just want to get to the point where i can say yes,there maybe better,but its going to cost a heap more money!.
youve obviously got vast experience,knowledge under your belt,and i know we,re all different in the final verdict of what sounds right,but i would sure appreciate alittle push in the right direction as to getting the best pound for pound!
teac,dac? marantz 80?
like detail,but not at the expense of musicality,love dynamics,like a width and depth and space to a sound stage,but not to bothered about pin point postioning.
smooth yet exciting,thats the sort of sound i like and to play all types of music,for thats what i listern to.
i guess im discribing the perfect cd player,but just giving you a idea of the values i favour in cd reply...
any ideas as what way to go from that lot!
many thanks
smithie

???

teac,dac? marantz 80?

like detail,but not at the expense of musicality,love dynamics,like a width and depth and space to a sound stage,but not to bothered about pin point postioning.
smooth yet exciting,thats the sort of sound i like and to play all types of music,for thats what i listern to.
i guess im discribing the perfect cd player,but just giving you a idea of the values i favour in cd reply...
any ideas as what way to go from that lot!
many thanks
smithie

I'd say go for the TEAC/DAC combo. But if you dont like pinpointing and love dynamics, go for the TENT Clock, If you like tube like sound with lots of punch in the bottom, go for the KWAK Clock 8.

Both combo's are good it's just a mather of taste.

Hope this helps,

Audiofanatic ;)

hi audiofanatic
thanks for your replay,i asked about the marantz as that player had been brought up afew times regarding sound quality,and i had just been offered one for £200,dont know if thats a fair price.
anyway must admit i like the idea of transport,dac approch,means i have more scope,regarding clocks found plenty of mention on the kwack 7 but cant actully find the site, pricing etc for it,i been looking at the tent one which i found easly,have you a link to this other clock?
find dacs,or rather the numbers confusing,is the dac you recommend the same as the scott nickon one? that sounds(well the write up sounds good) and a tube can be stuck on that,if not any surgestions as to a good dac kit using the dac you stated would be of great help!.
believe when i say i do research,its just that not really understanding alot when i read what the person selling the item says,then i tend to believe what there saying,then the same applies when i read someone elses(they all put a good argument forward in defence of there product) then end up totally confused,back to square one as to which way to go!
thats why i rely on people like you and others who have tried different approached etc,have experience and who could at least get me on the right footing to start my journey!
so once again many thanks
smithie

moamps said:
Hi,

I have a TASCAM CD701, together with the schematic. From what I gather, it awfully resembles the P700 that's being discussed here. As I'm planning to do minor adjustments to my 701, I'd really appreciate your suggestions and insights in this regard.

Regards,
Milan

P.S. I'm willing to post you the schematic of the 701, if interested.

Hi Milan,

I will get a Tascam 701 shortly. Mine has some disc reading problem during power up. Do you know what laser pickup it is using? Sony KSS-151A?

Your advice please. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
T.C. MA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.