Schematic TEAC VRDS P700 Please Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYAudio members,

Who can help me with the schematics of a TEAC VRDS P700?
I want to upgrade the power supply and other things like a new Clock (Kwak Clock-7) and need the schematics.

If some one can help me, I'll be very happy and greatfull.

Thanks in advance,

Audiofanatic ;)

Attachments

• teac vrds p-700.jpg
    teac vrds p-700.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 959
No schematics

vidard said:
Hi Audiofanatic,
did you get the schematic? I also have the TEAC P700 & D700 combo and would like to upgrade the transport. How far did you get? I could use your experience/help with the TEAC.
Cheers!

Hi Vidard,

Unfortunately, I don't have it.
I didn't order it cause it was to expensive.

I'm still working on the Digitalout.

The transport sounds wonderfull with a new PSU and a KC-8 onboard.
The new case is being made and it'll be like a semi WADIA case.

The bigest problem with this transport is, the PSU make sure you make a brand new PSU and than you'll beat allmost all transport I know, exept the CDM1, this one sounds different but not better or worse. It's like listening to a tube pre or a BJT pre they both sound great but different.

All the best,

Audiofanatic ;)

P-700

Hi Analog_sa,

The best thing I did was instal a KC-8 in the transport.
I had a Tent XO-2 in it for a few weeks (used one from a friend), the sound was OK, better than the original one.
But the sound was like fatiguing, then I switched over to the KC-8 and sinds that day I didn't hear a transport that sounded this good.
Not even a Wadia.
I also changed the SP/DIF out for a new one, thisone was also made by Elso.
The PSU is also new, a new toroid transformer and most caps are ELNA's and OsCons.
The Laser is new and the case is damped with damping material.

That's about it.

I don't have the schematic so if you have one, please send me a copy.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Hi,

I have a TASCAM CD701, together with the schematic. From what I gather, it awfully resembles the P700 that's being discussed here. As I'm planning to do minor adjustments to my 701, I'd really appreciate your suggestions and insights in this regard.

Regards,
Milan

P.S. I'm willing to post you the schematic of the 701, if interested.

p500 vrs p700

hi guys
just noticed this post,im in the process of recieving a p500,and was wondering what the difference was between the two,and weather i could use any ideas that you guys come up with.
also do they both share the same vrds mechs or is the 500 a cheaper mech?
iof anyone has any details on the 500 i would love to know,as i have or can find anything.
all the best
smithie

P 500 Transport

Hi,

I know both transport.
The P700 has a better transport.
But the p500 is also a good one.

All modifications cna be done just like the p700.

Try to get a KSS151A laser for spear, just incase you'll need it in the future they are becoming rare.

Put a new master clock in it and change the big Elco's and use a few OsCon's on the digital out and you'll be happy with it.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.