Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19 - Page 62 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2012, 11:35 PM   #611
Mayday is offline Mayday  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Got two more 122pF <1% silver micas today. All set for DEM caps for CD-75dx and CD-50.
CD-60 has allready got one, improved the sound quite a bit.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:20 PM   #612
joe is online now joe  Germany
diyAudio Member

Does somebody by have a picture of the bottom side of the CD40 with the PCB removed?
I have left over a light gray plastic rocker-like part of about 10cm length which I did not disassemble but it fell of the case somehow (to my big surprise!). I guess it belongs to the drawer mechanism but can't figure out how. I can find it in the service manual (part 253) but this does not help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 6th August 2012, 09:30 AM   #613
joe is online now joe  Germany
diyAudio Member

Solved it.
In the middle of the frame there is a location where it fits. I guess it it pressing the end postion switch when the drawer is closed. If somebody is interested I can post a picture.
Old 7th February 2013, 09:24 PM   #614
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubee View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Schematic is designed by R. Meijer, not mine. But sounds good.
hi.. been reading this thread as I'm modding my own CD50. Can anyone confirm if the above mentioned regulator actually works? I tried to build it but I'm not getting more that +/- 2,3 volts. I double and triple checked all my connections on separate days and as far as I can tell I dont see any mistakes on my part.

Probably the mistake is mine..but if someone can give me a heads up that the schematic and suggested values actually work that would be great.
Old 9th February 2013, 10:20 AM   #615
diyAudio Member

Did you ever finish this mod? I found the instructs from lampiztor a bit vague, and would like to do the same on my philips 740.... would love to see some photos too if possible! cheers, rod
Old 16th February 2013, 07:44 AM   #616
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmbln View Post
Did you ever finish this mod? I found the instructs from lampiztor a bit vague, and would like to do the same on my philips 740.... would love to see some photos too if possible! cheers, rod
There are 100's of pictures here. You could always just read the thread????
Old 16th February 2013, 07:53 AM   #617
diyAudio Member

My post was posted to the wrong thread, somehow--another thread about the 740, no idea how that happened. and yes, there are NO photos on THAT thread ; )
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:03 PM   #618
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I just want to share some pictures of my CD50 with some modifications based on this thread.
I have to say that the results so far are wonderfull.

For now I made several regulators, one for each voltage supply on each chip, new capacitors, Panasonic on the PS and Nichicon elsewhere. New PS diodes, new opamps and Mundorf caps between the opamps and the new RCA's.
I still have to do the dac's caps and install a new clock.
The regulators where mounted on heatsinks removed from an old PC power supply.
Here are some pics.

Thank you all for all the information and inspiration. You are great

Ricado
Old 4th March 2013, 06:00 AM   #619
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

That should be starting to sound nice

What's next on the list? Clock??

If you want to clock, you should get something capable of outputting /2 and /4 clock speeds. You should clock the decoder and filter direct with the main clock and then the /2 for the tda. The /4 gives you the option of running active DEM clocking.

Here's a document the document I wrote about clocking. It also contains lots of other info gathered from other threads on here.
http://www.fidelityaudio.co.uk/1541%...ng_03.2ver.pdf
Old 5th March 2013, 05:38 PM   #620
acccruz is offline acccruz  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Hi Ricardo:

Congratulations for your work. Modified TDA1541A CD players are really nice sounding machines! Hard to beat must I say!

Continue your work, take off the op-amps and jump to a discrete output stage or tubes (remember there is no op-amp like no op-amp).

A new clock (with own power supply) it is a must also!

Attached are a pic about my Marantz CD50SE, not finished yet!

All the best to DIYAUDIO community,

Antonio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_4345_.jpg (30.5 KB, 47 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!