Open-source USB interface: Audio Widget - Page 86 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2012, 12:31 AM   #851
rsdio is offline rsdio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbon View Post
Why not just dip the LEDs in a jar with black paint? Brgds
Because I don't like to get my hands dirty
Seriously, though, I do prefer to design with off-the-shelf parts that a standard assembly house can stuff on a board for me. I'm quite handy with a soldering iron, when I have to be, but I prefer to let others handle the noxious fumes and stick to enjoying the final results.
Old 5th January 2012, 04:25 PM   #852
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcingps View Post
Guys!

I'm happy to inform you that I brought the AB-11 back to life! Atmel support suggested that I should try updating firmware again, only this time without 'erase f' parameter. Guess what? It worked - leds glow, music plays

Cheers,
Marcin
Hi Marcingps

I´m in an similar situation as you.
The program say:Can´t open input file "*.elf"

May I ask you some clarification.
What to delete from the batchisp commando line?
"erase f" or "-operation erase f", or what exactly?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th January 2012, 07:29 PM   #853
borges is offline borges  Norway
diyAudio Member

Juan, did you check out this file package:

Add_to_flip345_bin.zip - sdr-widget - Programming kit on Win7 - Audio and Control Interface for Amateur Radio SDR and Audiophile USB-DAC - Google Project Hosting

It doesn't have the very latest in terms of compiled firmware (I'll update it from time to time), but it does have dos .bat files which are easy to modify.

What it does have is prog_noerase.bat which I wrote for your kind of case. You can try this file with .elf file as parameter, and you can try prog.bat with no parameter.

I have heard of 2-3 cases of this, one kit I have kept for later debugging. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it, though. And I'm able to program it some times.

Børge
Old 6th January 2012, 12:48 PM   #854
johnm is offline johnm  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

To any of you interested in the subjective sound quality assessments of the Widget, I've now added a pair of 470uF 16V SEPC caps for C21/C31. I have also added a 100uF Elna Cerafine to C15 position. This is still using my external (but pretty basic) 5V PSU (MUR860 diodes/1000uF Black Gate/LM7805/1000uF Black Gate/output).

Initial impressions are of the same super-refined & revealing sound, but with a touch extra bass heft and body. I guess it sounds more 'confident'. To be honest it's not a 'smack you over the head' difference, which proves the basic PSU design of this device without any mods is surprisingly good considering it's powered via USB as stock.

Cheers,

- John
Old 6th January 2012, 03:10 PM   #855
diyAudio Member

Hi,
today I got my audiowidget, thanks Börge!

It got regconized and plays in linux, but only in uac1-mode (24/48 green led lit)

At the windows machine, the widget control doesn't find it (DG8SAQ-Device not found) green led lights as well.
I need windows to switch to uac2, though.

Rüdiger
Old 6th January 2012, 03:37 PM   #856
diyAudio Member

Hi Rüdiger,

there is no Windows driver which officially supports the Audio Widget. (But a couple hacks have been reported..)

You can find the drivers from the SDR Widget Wiki page. Just follow my signature to click your way there. But the drivers are not needed for UAC1<->2 swap. That you can do by holding the Prog button until the light changes, keep holding it until the light goes out, then release, then reset.

Børge
Old 6th January 2012, 03:38 PM   #857
diyAudio Member

Default €59 Windows UAC2 driver

Has anybody tried this:

USB Audio - the low latency experience

We can try it as hassle-ware without paying. I won't have time for another week and a half due to travels.

Børge
Old 6th January 2012, 03:44 PM   #858
diyAudio Member

John,

I'm glad you like it!

Have you tried with different filter caps, C250-C252?

Børge

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm View Post
To any of you interested in the subjective sound quality assessments of the Widget, I've now added a pair of 470uF 16V SEPC caps for C21/C31. I have also added a 100uF Elna Cerafine to C15 position. This is still using my external (but pretty basic) 5V PSU (MUR860 diodes/1000uF Black Gate/LM7805/1000uF Black Gate/output).

Initial impressions are of the same super-refined & revealing sound, but with a touch extra bass heft and body. I guess it sounds more 'confident'. To be honest it's not a 'smack you over the head' difference, which proves the basic PSU design of this device without any mods is surprisingly good considering it's powered via USB as stock.

Cheers,

- John
Old 6th January 2012, 04:16 PM   #859
diyAudio Member

Default Web updates

This thread is getting huge! And we like it. I've done a quick check for some highlights and appended them to the FAQ. Just follow my signature and scroll to the bottom.

Nobody should feel left out! If your thought-through post isn't on the highlights lits, let me know!

Plus, www.qnktc.com finally makes a little bit of sense, too.

Børge

Last edited by borges; 6th January 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 6th January 2012, 07:46 PM   #860
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borges View Post
But the drivers are not needed for UAC1<->2 swap. That you can do by holding the Prog button until the light changes, keep holding it until the light goes out, then release, then reset.

Børge
Right you are, and it works. Very fine!
Now to some serious listening. See you!

Rüdiger

Hide this!Advertise here!