mutting transistors on the output of Marantz cd40 help!!! - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2011, 11:03 PM   #121
diyAudio Member

Another PM sent......
Many thanks Goran :-)
Old 8th May 2011, 03:16 AM   #122
GoranB is offline GoranB  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGM View Post
Another PM sent......
Many thanks Goran :-)
You are welcome.
I answered to Your PM.

Regards
Old 8th May 2011, 08:30 PM   #123
diyAudio Member

Hi Andrew,

You are right on my board for SAA7220 im using more capacitors but with smaller values, for example instead of 4700uF/63V i have 2 x 2200uF/35V in parallel, also for those of 470uF im using 2x220uF from Vishay and Elna Silmic II. About 2 diodes, the thitrd one is from the bottom side of the board because i couldnt place it because of heatsink. Its a testing board. When i will make one for you ill make for my self also. Dont worry the list of the parts ive sent to you is ok.
Regards
Old 8th May 2011, 11:04 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Thats great - understood.

I had a few glasses of ' bon vin rouge ' - whilst studying the boards I was comparing to your list of components.
Thanks for clearing that up - now I can finish the bottle

My heatsink for BD139's is a machined and polished 125 mm x 45 mm x 20 mm piece of aluminium which will fit perfectly inside the case.

Looking at the pics on your main board I can see a regulator laid flat next to the transport - what is this dong and what type of reg is it ?
Also if the circuit board you are sending works on SAA7220 can it be used on the 7310 and any chip that needs a good +5 volt feed ?

Can you PM me your e mail address - I have so many questions

Thanks

Andrew
Old 9th May 2011, 03:33 AM   #125
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGM View Post
Thats great - understood.

I had a few glasses of ' bon vin rouge ' - whilst studying the boards I was comparing to your list of components.
Thanks for clearing that up - now I can finish the bottle

My heatsink for BD139's is a machined and polished 125 mm x 45 mm x 20 mm piece of aluminium which will fit perfectly inside the case.

Looking at the pics on your main board I can see a regulator laid flat next to the transport - what is this dong and what type of reg is it ?
Also if the circuit board you are sending works on SAA7220 can it be used on the 7310 and any chip that needs a good +5 volt feed ?

Can you PM me your e mail address - I have so many questions

Thanks

Andrew
Hi

Stay far from vine durring soldering and connecting to SAA7220

If i understood well your heatsink can be mounted out of board (i mean to the end of board) if that is the case i can start design it.

There are two regulators, you cant see the second one because its under the board for SAA7220. Honestly i have to look at schematic to see what they are for. I cant tell you at the moment, but i promisse ill know at the evening and ill tell you. I was just putting the reg's wherever it was necessary. Reg's are AN78XX, positive cheap reg's. Ill change them when ill have more time.
About using PSU for SAA7220 (+5V) to other chips, as i said, i dont have such experience. Im using it just for SAA7220. When you will turn it on the voltage goes kind of slowely to 5V (2 seconds maybe), for SAA7220 its not a problem but im not sure about other chips. Just use it for SAA7220 and all will be fine. The same PSU (the second board mounted verticaly) im using for TDA1541 but with separate trafo and all is fine.
Just use another PSU for SAA7310, it result with better sound for sure. Or, for now wait please because i should try it first, to see if this PSU (SAA7220) will be fine for SAA7310 also. For that purpose i should make another board for me, it will take some time.

Regards
Goran
Old 9th May 2011, 11:18 AM   #126
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

The more regs the better. I have separate low noise regs for 7220, 7210, HF amp and another for the associated ram.

It's also worth separating as many 5v feeds as you can with STD cheap 78xx regs. This way you make many small "noise domains" instead of one big one. The CPU can be especially noisy and worth isolating.
Old 9th May 2011, 07:30 PM   #127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
The more regs the better. I have separate low noise regs for 7220, 7210, HF amp and another for the associated ram.

It's also worth separating as many 5v feeds as you can with STD cheap 78xx regs. This way you make many small "noise domains" instead of one big one. The CPU can be especially noisy and worth isolating.
Its true, but i prefer a discrete power supplies instead of regs. Also separated trafos for different chips makes huge improvements.
Old 9th May 2011, 10:12 PM   #128
UV101 is offline UV101  England
diyAudio Member

Indeed, but its better to replace with 78xx until you can afford to replace with better PSU's and regulation.

In my player, I have a total of 16 windings all into Hexfred rectifiers. Smoothers are a mix of Audio Upgrades SI 22,000uF very low ESR and some cap banks of 15 x 1700uF rubycons. I have a total of 19 discrete low noise regs, 9 Audio Upgrades SPowers, 4 Salas shunt regs, 2 Audiocom Q-Powers and 3 Super Regs and 1 simple opamp feedback reg. All local decoupleing is a mix of BG std, BG FK, Rubycon ZA and OsCon SEPC. Yes I agree Multiple PSU's and decent regs is the way to go!!

Just added up 240,000uF of smoothers too!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by UV101; 9th May 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:08 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Bloody hell !
You must be a Banker and have been spending your bonus ?
That looks amazing - must sound amazing and makes mine look like a giant pile of cr..
What an inspiration...

Just brilliant
Old 9th May 2011, 11:15 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

erm...forgot to ask....how does it sound then ?

Like an LP12, EKOS, Lingo maybe ? ( or whatever it's now called )
It must be very analogue by now - still can't take it all in.
I thought SimonT's Alpha was a knockout.... then this........

Blimey

Hide this!Advertise here!