Chassis for CD-Pro2 transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eric: Ok, i just got my eyes on this one since i think about replace my CD-player soon with a compact transport, and i have a few questions about this. Since i also will run buffalo DAC (which will be located in pre-amp chassis).

But i take it that you have just removed regs, and put TP legatos instead (not changed the small regs below for 3,3v and so on - are these even used when using another clock?)
My DIY experience have only been with tube-amps so this is new to me. but the clock, is there any "clock input" on the CD-PRO2 which reclocks all signals, or do you send i2s through the clock - or what way does it work?
I was thinking about using TP Teleporter, so would it in my case be best to put the Metronome in the CD-chassis, feeding the teleporter and then to the buffalo-dac? What way are you sending your i2s to B2, since you seem to have them in different chassis?

I have recently upgraded my cd-pro2 chassis :

-used the clock upgrade from the link listed above + extra toroid
-made 2 TP shunt's for 5V & 9V supply
-removed the non used parts from the powerboard.
-only using i2s for data to TP metronome + B2 DAC

It looks simple but it was a lot of work, specially because here is little space.
result : solid, easy, wide, pure sound :)

your local diy-addict, Erik.

This is old......

-I removed 5 and 9V stage, optical, coaxial, balanced and clock stage. Left the small stages intact, they are also for the front display.

-post 57 gives you picture what I did, removed the old clock and connected the wires of the new one ( is now coax cable)

-It doesn't matter were you put the Metronome, but I liked it close to the B2
I2s data is now with Teleporters (cdpro-teleporter-teleporter-metronome-b2)

-don't use cat 6 or shielded networkcable, makes it sound shut-in.

-I adjusted the placid's to 5,25V and 9,5V with a current set on 300mA and 700mA, used the thick aluminium bottom as cooling for the transistors.

I have had mine up and running for a few years now and loving it.

The only problem I have at the moment is the VFD display has gone dim over time.

Does anyone know the part number for me to get a replacement ?

Attachments

• Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 218
Hi Alex, you are right, my display has only faded a little but for the future....
So i looked in my emailcache for Hifidiy mail and used sales@auneaudio.com to contact support.

They could sell me a new front display for $59,- assembled or $39,- for the kit.
Shippingcosts for me were $25,-

I bought the assembled version and maybe that's why i had to pay a custom fee :mad::mad::mad: total price is higher than the kit version. I received the package within a week.
So go for the kit, i would say.

cheers, Erik.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.