Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Finally I can make public Shiga prices. :)

We´ll offer Shiga in three options

DIY Shiga KIT - 40.45euro - TVA included
This include PCB; CD mechanic SFP101N-16P; chipset LA9242M, LC78601RE, LA6541, transistor set 2SA608NF, 2SB764E, 2SA1342; custom multiplexed LCD.

FULL Shiga KIT - 99euro - TVA included
This include all components to build Shigaclone. CD Puck, trafo and remote not included.

Shiga ready mounted and tested - 169euro - TVA included
On 1st August we will open webshop for 100 Shigaclone mounted and tested. CD Puck and remote not included.

Please note that DIY Shiga KIT offer is with 0% profit margin. This will not be available via webshop and is only for diyaudio members.
Other two options are commercial.

Regards,
Tibi
Thanks Tibi,
But what if i don't need mech...which i don't ?:D
Will the chipset be mounted on the PCBs of the kit ?

Last edited:
Thanks Tibi,
But what if i don't need mech...which i don't ?:D
Will the chipset be mounted on the PCBs of the kit ?

As long you are on the list you can order any component or combination you may need, but please all modifications before 15.July.
After 15.july I'll close the list and start to order extra needed components, if will be the case.
The prices are listed, just move the mouse over column header.
For example:
If you need only PCB and IC set, this will be 18 + 7,7 = 25,7euro. Shipping is up to location and you may have a clue about it at vicol audio : webshop scroll down to last icon.

Please also note that DIY Shiga KIT at 40.45euro is one time offer.
I will not run another GB with 0% profit margin.

Regards,
Tibi

You are on the list.
Thank you !

Regards,
Tibi
Tibi,
I am in no hurry, As I have plenty esle going on right now, but what kind of time frame are we talking. Also, On the BOM, you had alist of premium components as an option. Which of these will you be using in your prebuilt versions. Last question; what will we need to have to complete the transport, just a case and trafo?

Tibi,
I am in no hurry, As I have plenty esle going on right now, but what kind of time frame are we talking. Also, On the BOM, you had alist of premium components as an option. Which of these will you be using in your prebuilt versions. Last question; what will we need to have to complete the transport, just a case and trafo?

Starting with 1st August we are going to process orders.
DIY and FULL shiga KIT will be processed first and during August till middle of September we'll deliver first batch - 100pcs - of Shiga ready mounted and tested. All soldering is hand made with Pb free solder.
As I mentioned "CD Puck and remote not included.". So, all you need to complete a full functional shigaclone is a case and a cd puck.
For remote you need to wait a little bit. Maybe this will be available in August as well, but I don't want to promise anything now.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
As long you are on the list you can order any component or combination you may need, but please all modifications before 15.July.
After 15.july I'll close the list and start to order extra needed components, if will be the case.
The prices are listed, just move the mouse over column header.
For example:
If you need only PCB and IC set, this will be 18 + 7,7 = 25,7euro. Shipping is up to location and you may have a clue about it at vicol audio : webshop scroll down to last icon.

Please also note that DIY Shiga KIT at 40.45euro is one time offer.
I will not run another GB with 0% profit margin.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi,

The last icon shows as shipping. The one above that is for the SMPS for Audio.

How do we order the boards plus chipset and transistors?

tks

Finally I can make public Shiga prices. :)

We´ll offer Shiga in three options

DIY Shiga KIT - 40.45euro - TVA included
This include PCB; CD mechanic SFP101N-16P; chipset LA9242M, LC78601RE, LA6541, transistor set 2SA608NF, 2SB764E, 2SA1342; custom multiplexed LCD.

FULL Shiga KIT - 99euro - TVA included
This include all components to build Shigaclone. CD Puck, trafo and remote not included.

Shiga ready mounted and tested - 169euro - TVA included
On 1st August we will open webshop for 100 Shigaclone mounted and tested. CD Puck and remote not included.

Please note that DIY Shiga KIT offer is with 0% profit margin. This will not be available via webshop and is only for diyaudio members.
Other two options are commercial.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, some questions:

1. The DIY kit seems to be the same as ordering 1 of each item on the spreadsheet. Is that correct?

2. Does the FULL kit then add all the SMD and leaded components? What is in this kit that is not in the DIY - everything on the BOM except the trafo, puck, and remote?

3. Does Shiga Ready Mounted and Tested have all the individual PCBs built up (SMD and leaded components?), leaving us to mount everything into an enclosure? Or is the whole thing built up and assembled?

I guess you decided not to offer an "in between" kit - all the PCBs with SMDs, chipsets, and transistor sets mounted (plus mech and display), but leaving us to choose the leaded components and build up the rest?

Tibi,

The last icon shows as shipping. The one above that is for the SMPS for Audio.

How do we order the boards plus chipset and transistors?

tks

Yes, my message was to let you know shipping prices.
DIY Shiga KIT, is addressed ONLY to diyaudio members and will not be on our webshop.
You will have to mail me with the parts you need and I´ll paypal request to you.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi, some questions:

1. The DIY kit seems to be the same as ordering 1 of each item on the spreadsheet. Is that correct?

2. Does the FULL kit then add all the SMD and leaded components? What is in this kit that is not in the DIY - everything on the BOM except the trafo, puck, and remote?

3. Does Shiga Ready Mounted and Tested have all the individual PCBs built up (SMD and leaded components?), leaving us to mount everything into an enclosure? Or is the whole thing built up and assembled?

I guess you decided not to offer an "in between" kit - all the PCBs with SMDs, chipsets, and transistor sets mounted (plus mech and display), but leaving us to choose the leaded components and build up the rest?

tonyptony,

1. Yes, you can order one of each item or any of them. The combination is up to your needs.

2. FULL Kit include all components from the BOM except the trafo, puck, and remote.

3. Shiga Ready Mounted and Tested is an individual PCB with all components mounted - SMD and leaded components.

In that particular case you like to have a partially mounted Shiga Ready Mounted and Tested, you need to mail me this option. The price will be same (169euro) and you´ll will receive THT components as well, but not mounted.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi

Apologies if this has been asked before but will the full Shiga kit sound any better than the original JVC RC-EZ31 boombox that has had upgrades/modifications to the power supply, onboard caps etc?

Thanks

This may lead to subjective discussion. Also I´m not the man to review my own products.
What I can say is that we have sourced exactly the same transistors and IC´s while we are using better passive components, on a better PCB layout. A PCB who leave you space to make even more tuning and modifications.

Regards,
Tibi