Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Uncle Leon, this is good news indeed. Once I get the project that I am building for someone else I plan to actually finish my original transport. Considering it has been mounted on a board on my desk for over a year, it can wait a little longer.

Just so I am clear on this, it goes on the digital out and ground. The series resistor is on the dout and the parallel resistors on the ground.

Hi Tibi

LCD display problem resolved. Thanks
What about the remote controller?
So far have not been the sample.
Another thing is that I will go for your fully completed and tested
set rather than struggle with the smd. Hope you will post the prices
soon so that we can place order

Hi audiohifi

I'm looking to source original chip and build a pcb remote, but remote remain optional as long any universal one should do the job.
As I already stated, there will a limited set of ready mounted and tested kits starting with 1st august.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi guys, a short post on reclocking the spdif output. Reclocking is believed to reduce the jitter on the signal. The effect on sound? In my setup, more detail, more precise sound without hardness.
Very simple to implement:
1. Obtain data sheets for 74hc74 and 74hc04
2. on the 74hc74, pin 1, pin 4 and pin 14 are all connected to +5V; pin 7 is connected to ground; pin 2 is where the dirty original spdif is fed in; pin 3 is where the "new" clock is connected (see point 3); pin 5 will be the output of the "clean" spdif
3. On the 74hc04, pin7 is connected to ground; pin14 goes to +5; the original clock goes into pin 1; pin 2 is connected to pin 3 and the new clock is taken out of pin 4 of the 74hc04; this output is connected to pin 3 of the 74hc74;

Post results here.
Ryan

5V supply Currents

Spartan,

I can't point to it exactly, but there was info about power supply current requirements in this thread and in the Tvicol era. Start looking around Feb, 2012, maybe about post #5230, and look forward for a picture of a Bobken power supply or something like that. That should put you in the area where the supply requirements were discussed.

By the way, you might try checking the Salas power supply thread too. Early in the development of his supply, someone discussed or linked to a study of wall powered supplies .vs. battery. If memory serves, the batteries weren't as good as I was expecting.

Giving the room some light to balance the lightmeter of the camera and keeping it just a little bit further from the lcd should solve the problems ;)

The light in the room was with all the bulbs on. Display back light is very bright. This is very nice with normal eye, but difficult to photo.
Thanks for advice, I'll give another try with a different camera and more light.
Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiga prices

Finally I can make public Shiga prices. :)

We´ll offer Shiga in three options

DIY Shiga KIT - 40.45euro - TVA included
This include PCB; CD mechanic SFP101N-16P; chipset LA9242M, LC78601RE, LA6541, transistor set 2SA608NF, 2SB764E, 2SA1342; custom multiplexed LCD.

FULL Shiga KIT - 99euro - TVA included
This include all components to build Shigaclone. CD Puck, trafo and remote not included.

Shiga ready mounted and tested - 169euro - TVA included
On 1st August we will open webshop for 100 Shigaclone mounted and tested. CD Puck and remote not included.

Please note that DIY Shiga KIT offer is with 0% profit margin. This will not be available via webshop and is only for diyaudio members.
Other two options are commercial.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator: