Ivo-Cici
Pjotr27
Stixx
vgeorge
ilrapa x 2
sandbasser x2
Angcl x2
JBdV x2

does the player chassis need to have a 15 or 16 pin connector?

I guess you mean CD mecanic.
This is SFP101N-16P, where 16P come from 16 pins.
Atached is a picture of the original where you can count 16 pins.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 2012-02-18-024.jpg
    2012-02-18-024.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 505
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to spoil the fun, but i feel it should be mentioned:

Please be aware that sanyo will have IP rights to the design of schematic and layout. Particularly for commercial use, but also for diy use, we possible cant just copy it...

I am not an ip lawyer, maybe someone can advise what we can and what we cant do...

Please be aware that sanyo will have IP rights to the design of schematic and layout. Particularly for commercial use, but also for diy use, we possible cant just copy it...

I am not an ip lawyer, maybe someone can advise what we can and what we cant do...

I don't think TVICOL is copying Sanyo circuit, rather redesign the entire circuit with display and control based on the same 3 chips with optimization and better power regulation.

Couldn't wait to see the prototype.

Firstly, any such copyright would only protect identical or "identical in a significant portion" designs (analogous to a song and any samples from that song being protected).
But if we re-design the PCB - especially if we make our own changes to the original layout - we will effectively have our own, unique design (analogous to a cover of a song).
There is a possibility that there are some patents protecting the ICs (which does not concern us, because we are not copying them), but it is highly unlikely that the PCB itself uses any patented technologies.

Secondly, JVC would have to prove that they suffered a loss as a result of our copying their schematic. And since our "product" belongs to a market unoccupied by JVC or any of its parents / subsidiaries (i.e. hi-end audiophile CD players), they cannot possibly suffer any losses from our activity and hence have no reason (and likely no grounds) to sue us.