94 mk II before / after

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Boky,

Thanks for your help and photos. I ordered the actual belts from Qualifi Pty(Melbourne). Switch 2 was the cause as you have suspected. It was not aligned properly. It looks ok, but it needs some minute adjustment. Now the tray opens and close. But now I have another problem. It cannot detects the disk as the spindle motor does not spin. Tried cleaning the lens, does not help.

Best Regards
S K

Hi Boky,
I found that I broke a leg of the 'Thick Film unit HF' on the CDM while fitting the ribbon cables. Luckily I have an old CDM (not working) so I could canniblise the 'Thick Film unit HF'. Now the motor is spinning but I get random 'static noise'(a few minutes interval) while play a CD. Form the CDM service manual, the output of the 'Thick film unit HF' goes to the Decoder PCB. Unfortunately I do not have the service manual for the transport..so I am not sure if there is any adjustment I need after changing this 'Thick film unit HF'? I am trying to order a copy from the internet. Even when I am not playing and CD, I also get these 'static noise'.
Best Regards
S K

Attachments

• dsc_0500a.jpg
    dsc_0500a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 640
That is unfortunate... I can not recall the exact location of the PCB from your photo (and the CD player's not with me any more). You should be able to repair all the tracks and restore the PCB. The noise you hear even without the CD probably means that the PCB in question is still faulty. There are no adjustments needed for focus, spindle and tracking servos.

Regards,
Boky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.