Signalyst DSC1

My congratulations!

I think that the DSD512 will also surprise you. Here are my favorite HQPlayer settings: poly-sinc-lp, AMSDM7 512+fs, DSD512

Attachments

• 07-01-2019 0-55-01.png
    07-01-2019 0-55-01.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 522
I think that the DSD512 will also surprise you....

I upgraded the 45.15MHz Crystek oscillator with 90.31MHz Pulsar, sounds is now slightly less rounded on voices and midrange but bass extension and articulation is now near perfection.

DSD512 upsampling is definitely an further step compared to 256, everything sounds incredibly real. My MacBookPro is capable to do it in terms of processing power with an acceptable noise produced by fans. I definitely need to build a fanless system for the purpose.

I'm extremely satisfied!

What your PC hardware: CPU, Ram....and OS?
This configuration works stably with all heavy HQP filters in the DSD256. DSD512 some heavy filters do not work.
Fanless case Ultra low profile silent HTPC chassis.
This case is hot enough but in the normal range. Total computer consumption when playing 56W.
CPU Intel I7-8700T (HT disable from BIOS)
MB Asus H310I-Plus. I do not recommend using modern chipsets. HQP performance is not improving, but consumption increases significantly. I was forced to abandon the top MB - Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I
OS Linux Debian Stretch on SSD M2
picoPSU-160-XT
Mean Well GST160A12-R7B

Attachments

• 07-01-2019 13-32-58.png
    07-01-2019 13-32-58.png
    600.9 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
This configuration works stably with all heavy HQP filters in the DSD256. DSD512 some heavy filters do not work.
Fanless case Ultra low profile silent HTPC chassis.
This case is hot enough but in the normal range. Total computer consumption when playing 56W.
CPU Intel I7-8700T (HT disable from BIOS)
MB Asus H310I-Plus. I do not recommend using modern chipsets. HQP performance is not improving, but consumption increases significantly. I was forced to abandon the top MB - Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I
OS Linux Debian Stretch on SSD M2
picoPSU-160-XT
Mean Well GST160A12-R7B
Forgive my ignorance and questions.
1. Your PC installed HQ-Player. It's using same as Master Music Player? How do this Master Player transfer/send the music data has read and decoded to the PC Slave (BBB Network Adapter/User Client) via LAN/Ethernet.
2. What the Software, Linux OS has your installed on BBB?

1. Your PC installed HQ-Player. It's using same as Master Music Player? How do this Master Player transfer/send the music data has read and decoded to the PC Slave (BBB Network Adapter/User Client) via LAN/Ethernet.
HQPlayer Embeded and RoonServer are installed on this PC.
The music library is located on a separate home NAS.
DSC2 new ver http://puredsd.ru simply connected via Ethernet.
2. What the Software, Linux OS has your installed on BBB?
The firmware that I compiled specifically for this version of DSC2 - http://puredsd.ru/Arch_Botic_DSC2.gz

Pavel and I all, I noticed a couple of drawback of this system.
1) Listening volume tend to be extremely higher than usual. This dac doesn't produce any kind of harshness or hardening of sound at any level, so your neighbour won't be happy.
2) It's extremely difficult to switch off the system, you risk to become extremely sedentary in front of your audio system

I'm a fan of DSC system from the beginning (thanks Miska). Three years ago I tried to find a way to build a DSC1 system without success, now I'm extremely happy with DSC2.5.2, I consider one of the best digital sources I had at home (I had many and some very expensive one).

Yesterday I did a decent listening session, just few notes I write down. Percussions are real, voices outstanding, bass control almost perfect. To be better evaluated: singer size seems "bigger" than before but I need more time to modify speakers position. Stage is slighly smaller than before (speaker position?).

Current system. ASR Emitter I Exclusive, Wilson Audio Sophia II, full Gryphon cabling

Pavel and I all, I noticed a couple of drawback of this system.
1) Listening volume tend to be extremely higher than usual. This dac doesn't produce any kind of harshness or hardening of sound at any level, so your neighbour won't be happy.
2) It's extremely difficult to switch off the system, you risk to become extremely sedentary in front of your audio system
Apparently I have problems with the translation. I do not understand you.
If there are problems, let's try to solve them.