ES9018 I2C controller - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2012, 04:46 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

I think the Chinese Communist party is (was?) holding a convention and thus had increased security controls, causing major delays in all shipments.

E.g.:
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/due...e_delayed.html
http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/...1229918?page=1

Last edited by TheShaman; 11th November 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11th November 2012, 05:27 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Great work Corpius! Anxious to see your finished project. If it wasn't for you sharing your code I would not have gotten my dual mono BIII project to work with Arduino. A big thanks to glt at HiFiDuino for starting it.

Here is my progress with your Buffalo Shield Corpius. It sure makes for a neat and clean install! I am also using the electroFun I2C LCDextra IO board you suggested.

While not pictured I recently added the temp sensor. A proper enclosure is in the works at modushop. Currently the BIII in is my friendly case...it waves at you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lcd_shield_1.jpg (115.8 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg lcd_shield_3.jpg (116.0 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by SCompRacer; 11th November 2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: fix spellin'
Old 11th November 2012, 05:42 PM   #103
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
Great work Corpius! Anxious to see your finished project. If it wasn't for you sharing your code I would not have gotten my dual mono BIII project to work with Arduino. A big thanks to glt at HiFiDuino for starting it.

Here is my progress with your Buffalo Shield Corpius. It sure makes for a neat and clean install! I am also using the electroFun I2C LCDextra IO board you suggested.

While not pictured I recently added the temp sensor. A proper enclosure is in the works at modushop. Currently the BIII in is my friendly case...it waves at you.
Thanks! All credit may go to glt for the code! Nice to see the Buffalo shield!

On the controller is also room for a temperature sensor, but there is also a separate connector to allow it to be placed elsewhere in the case.

btw Love your friendly case
Old 12th November 2012, 07:56 AM   #104
gwikse is offline gwikse  Norway
diyAudio Member

Cool wobbly case SCompRacer Looking forward to seeing your new case.

Regarding the controller, I just had an idea (oh crap here he goes again I hear you say Corpius ).
What about using that digital pot to adjust the Legato`s DC offset with an add on module. It would have to read DC* between "+" and "-" balanced and "+" and "gnd" SE at regular intervals and adjust the pot`s accordingly.

* in other words it would have to be a DMM as well, so not an easy thing to do this. But it would mean that the DC offset that haunts Legato owners could be dealt with.
Old 12th November 2012, 09:45 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

My new stack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121112_233705.jpg (299.6 KB, 288 views)
Old 14th November 2012, 03:53 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwikse View Post
Cool wobbly case SCompRacer Looking forward to seeing your new case.

Regarding the controller, I just had an idea (oh crap here he goes again I hear you say Corpius ).
What about using that digital pot to adjust the Legato`s DC offset with an add on module. It would have to read DC* between "+" and "-" balanced and "+" and "gnd" SE at regular intervals and adjust the pot`s accordingly.

* in other words it would have to be a DMM as well, so not an easy thing to do this. But it would mean that the DC offset that haunts Legato owners could be dealt with.
Don't think this would be a good idea for the controller. Better use a stand-alone micro controller for it. Can the DC offset also be negative? AVR's cannot read negative voltages, at least not that I know. If the voltage difference are very small it would probably not sensitive enough. I can think of some solution, but I must say that this is a bit out of my league.
Old 14th November 2012, 04:06 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

The PCB for the prototype is being manufactured this very moment.
Although i changed a few part, the designs as seen here has not changed.

Now I can focus on the add-on boards while I wait for the PCBs to arrive. First ones will be the rotary encoder and push buttons add-ons.
There will be five push buttons on the add-on board for the following functions: up, down, left, right and select.
There rotary board will have the debounce circuit resistors like glt suggested earlier on. I'm not sure about using a debounce circuit for the push buttons. It is easily done in the code, just as for the rotary encoder. I'd like to hear how some of you think about using a decounce circuit for the push button. Personally I like the idea of cancelling possible noise wherever/whenever possible.
Old 14th November 2012, 06:09 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

That is great. Great idea with the buttons btw. Should be very nice. Debounce could be a good idea on as much as possible. Not sure how much effect if has with the hifiduino code, but with your altered code I dont think the software debounce is there on those spesific function buttons?
Old 14th November 2012, 06:27 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwikse View Post
....but with your altered code I dont think the software debounce is there on those spesific function buttons?
There is debouce in my code. 10 ms for the push buttons, but the buttons for volume control react better/ more natural with a delay of about 80 ms. For input selection I included even a longer delay, 500ms
Old 14th November 2012, 08:40 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

Ok. I am looking forward to testing this with button control instead of the rotary encoder.

Ah bugger, I ordered the wrong 42010 (so 14), ah oh well. Time for another order anyways

Hide this!Advertise here!