Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 02:51 AM   #131
jinacio is offline jinacio  Portugal
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
We call it UAE23+, which is usb isolated and need a external power supply. It will be bigger than UAE23. I think UAE23 is very convenient to use but UAE23+ will be little more high-end.
We still use ultra low noise regulater to make es9023 work the best.
That looks nice! any time rough estimates for the first batches?
Any details on the power input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantran
Adding an spdif input would make it more flexible. I understand that the TE7022 chip can received spdif
Agreed, IMHO more so than an output.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 02:55 AM   #132
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantran View Post
Adding an spdif input would make it more flexible. I understand that the TE7022 chip can received spdif
Hi, UAE23 now has special version can accept optical input (to PC). But UAE23+ is COAX output only by now. I think output is more common to use, it can be connected to DDX amp for example. If we add a COAX input to DAC, we need a DIR chip like CS8416 or WM8805, will make system more complicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDark View Post
Yubing, I see UAE23+ got volume knob, how it is implemented? does it have output buffer opamp, which one if yes? Thanks.
Yes but the output is still direct from es9023. Just leave the potmeter at maximum if not use it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 06:12 AM   #133
McDark is offline McDark  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Send a message via ICQ to McDark
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
Yes but the output is still direct from es9023. Just leave the potmeter at maximum if not use it.
Excellent, guess I need one as a gift for myself... for the Chinese New Year probably Any hint of price and time will be appreciated.

But it is still a bit unclear for me, I know only two ways to achive this with ES9023 -

1) as a simple output attenuator which will increase load if it is low resistance but will not work best with cans if high resistance. well there are RCA not jack so its not targeted to cans
2) with output reduction by adjusting voltage reference (VREG pin #6)

both ways are ok (and purists always can remove it), but just of curiosity which way you have done it? Thanks.
__________________
Yuri
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 08:33 AM   #134
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hanoi
Send a message via AIM to quantran Send a message via MSN to quantran Send a message via Yahoo to quantran
Hi hifimediy

This is from the specifications for TE7022 chip:

"Built in IEC60958 professional S/PDIF TX & RX, AES/EBU supported"

TE7022L - GFEC

If I read this correctly it is capable of receiving SPDIF signal without the addition of a DIR chip.

I think pin 33 is marked SPDRX is for this purpose. CS8416 and WM8805 are certainly well regarded DIR but why don't you connect SPDIF input into pin 33 of TE7022 via a pulse transformer? I don't have the detailed datasheet so I am not sure about the setting to utilise this function of TE7022 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimediy View Post
If we add a COAX input to DAC, we need a DIR chip like CS8416 or WM8805, will make system more complicate.
__________________
Quan Tran
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 09:08 AM   #135
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDark View Post
Excellent, guess I need one as a gift for myself... for the Chinese New Year probably Any hint of price and time will be appreciated.

But it is still a bit unclear for me, I know only two ways to achive this with ES9023 -

1) as a simple output attenuator which will increase load if it is low resistance but will not work best with cans if high resistance. well there are RCA not jack so its not targeted to cans
2) with output reduction by adjusting voltage reference (VREG pin #6)

both ways are ok (and purists always can remove it), but just of curiosity which way you have done it? Thanks.
Hi Yuri. Yes we use a output attenuator but it's not low resistance. so I think it's better to use a short RCA cable if the potmeter is using, because the signal after it will be weak.
There is a 3rd way to control the volume, use the digital port of te7022. but that will be another product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantran View Post
Hi hifimediy

This is from the specifications for TE7022 chip:

"Built in IEC60958 professional S/PDIF TX & RX, AES/EBU supported"

TE7022L - GFEC

If I read this correctly it is capable of receiving SPDIF signal without the addition of a DIR chip.

I think pin 33 is marked SPDRX is for this purpose. CS8416 and WM8805 are certainly well regarded DIR but why don't you connect SPDIF input into pin 33 of TE7022 via a pulse transformer? I don't have the detailed datasheet so I am not sure about the setting to utilise this function of TE7022 though
Hi, yes I know there is SPDRX. but the signal input to te7022 will not go to ES9023, that means it's different from DIR. The signal goes to PC by USB for record.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 09:52 AM   #136
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hanoi
Send a message via AIM to quantran Send a message via MSN to quantran Send a message via Yahoo to quantran
@hifimediy. Thanks, that's good to know.
__________________
Quan Tran
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 12:07 PM   #137
McDark is offline McDark  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Send a message via ICQ to McDark
Thanks Yubing. Good luck with the toy, I'm looking forward to grab one.
__________________
Yuri
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 08:47 AM   #138
tofurky is offline tofurky  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimut View Post
i bought a few of these, and there's a couple things to note. they are wired such that the dc input +/- is connected to both the host and output of the usb cable. so, to isolate it from the pc you would need to tape or remove the pins (i used a small screwdriver, they pop out eventually).

running rmaa, i saw a 13.4db drop in noise this way (with gnd+5v removed from host pc). used a 6v linear psu tied to a LT1763-5 regulator i put together.

however, this only worked on my laptop. the dac wouldn't connect properly when i tried connecting to my desktop or the music player (pogoplug) i'd intended to use it with. even with gnd still connected (which doesnt really reduce noise very much, 1-2db maybe) it still didn't function properly. i even tried a dummy 100ohm load between 5v and gnd on one of the injectors to no avail.

as a result i've ordered an adum4160 pcb which i plan on hooking the 5v regulator up to. also will try some clip-on ferrites for the usb cable.

-matt
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:29 AM   #139
alkasar is offline alkasar  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: near Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurky View Post
as a result i've ordered an adum4160 pcb which i plan on hooking the 5v regulator up to. also will try some clip-on ferrites for the usb cable.

-matt
very interesting. Any place where you describe the details of this ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 01:34 PM   #140
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
quantran: This new one looks perfect to build into my headphone amplfier, do you have any ETA when it will be avalible to order? :-)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TE7022+ES9023 mini toy^_^ hifimediy PC Based 23 1st March 2013 07:20 AM
New 24/96 usb converters sendler PC Based 0 7th October 2010 10:10 AM
USB to SPDIF that does 24/96 and works in linux morfic Digital Line Level 0 26th June 2009 11:04 PM
Musiland Lilo 3 - 24/96 USB to SPDIF? Kane Williams Digital Source 15 21st August 2008 12:14 PM
m-audio "transit" usb 24/96 dac and digital i/o Mark Hathaway Digital Source 2 9th January 2005 05:13 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2