DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 31 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2012, 02:53 PM   #301
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcga View Post
Hi Chapark,

I'd like to make a reservation for one board with the CS3318, thanks,

Jean-Claude Gaertner (France)
OK thanks I'll keep one for you but I think that at this stage there's no need to make a reservation. I'll post detailed pictures and specifications and I'll make the software available before anyone makes an order. Still, thanks for your trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alugner View Post
About pricing. Are You shipping from Australia? Wouldn't there be shipping costs also?
As for me living in EU (Sweden) The actual price would be USD 363 + shipping + import duty (17%?) and Swedish VAT (25%).
My estimation USD 550 or SEK 3800?

//BR, Anders
No the company is based in Luxembourg, European Union.
For you, the price would be:
USD 315 for the board with CS3318
+ USD 47.25 (15% VAT in Luxembourg)
+ Shipping costs (about USD 15 including insurance, to be confirmed).

No Swedish VAT, no import duty. That's USD 377.25 including shipping. At the current exchange rate that's about EUR 290 (sorry I know you're having the Krona in Sweden).
Old 22nd October 2012, 03:02 PM   #302
alugner is offline alugner  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thank You for this quick reply. I was wrong about the import duty for electronic equipment from Australia also, but that doesn't apply any longer.
(I roughly estimate 10 Kronor per Euro.)

I'm /eagerly/patiently/ awaiting further instructions for ordering :-)

BR, Anders
Old 22nd October 2012, 04:00 PM   #303
diyAudio Member

That's cool Anders, thanks for your kind support!

As we're talking about costs:
- If the board is sent outside of European Union, I don't collect VAT - but you might have to pay your local taxes.
- I don't collect VAT neither in European Union if you have a valid VAT number (i.e. if you have a company registered in the EU).
- For all destinations in EU otherwise, I must collect 15% of VAT that I'll have to give back to our taxation office in Luxembourg. You won't have to pay any local VAT, and there's no import duty in any country in EU.
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:09 AM   #304
diyAudio Member

Hi Nick:

Can you show some datasheet or a summary of features?

Thanks.

Alberto.
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:01 AM   #305
diyAudio Member

Dsp: http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp...DSP56724EC.pdf

Analog volume control: http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDat.../CS3318_F1.pdf
Old 25th October 2012, 11:22 AM   #306
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmant123 View Post
Hi Nick:

Can you show some datasheet or a summary of features?

Thanks.

Alberto.
Hi Alberto,

Dahlberg has pointed to datasheets of some of the chips used on the board.

If you're after a datasheet of the board itself, I don't have anything like this at that point.

I summarize below some of the features:

- Stereo analogue input
- Stereo digital input (coax and optical)
- 8 analogue outputs with optional analogue volume control
- 10 transformer-isolated digital outputs (8 of them carry the signal of the analogue outs before DA conversion)
- 2 I2S expansion ports
- isolated command for external relay
- 48kHz, 96 kHz and 192 kHz are all 3 natively supported by DSP

The DSP is a dual-core 500 MMACS with plenty of RAM memory for long delays.
The board can store several presets, and setup is carried out with a cross-platform computer application via USB.

In order to implement the board, the user must supply:
- A standard 2x16 LCD display
- 8 push-buttons
- A IR sensor
- 7 leds
- power supply 5V and +/- 12V

I suppose more details lie within the pages of this long thread. I'll come up soon with a proper datasheet.

Nick
Old 28th October 2012, 09:41 PM   #307
paalj is offline paalj  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I would like to change to the analog volume version. I need some more voltage output :-)

Paal
Old 29th October 2012, 06:23 PM   #308
diyAudio Member

Great project charparK

I have got around to DSP now and am very interested.
I have yet to read all the pages but looking at the spec / pricing above and the earlier pages it looks very good.

I have a 5 way set up so really need 10 analogue outputs to the amps. The input side of things is fine.
Is there a way to chain 2 of these together outputting a volume controlled channel so that could be used for Tapped horn sub duty? I suppose it could even be analogue out as I could use one of the miniDSP cheapies on that but I'd rather not.
Old 30th October 2012, 09:45 AM   #309
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalj View Post
Hi,
I would like to change to the analog volume version. I need some more voltage output :-)

Paal
No worries at all, thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysteve7 View Post
Great project charparK

I have got around to DSP now and am very interested.
I have yet to read all the pages but looking at the spec / pricing above and the earlier pages it looks very good.

I have a 5 way set up so really need 10 analogue outputs to the amps. The input side of things is fine.
Is there a way to chain 2 of these together outputting a volume controlled channel so that could be used for Tapped horn sub duty? I suppose it could even be analogue out as I could use one of the miniDSP cheapies on that but I'd rather not.
Hi Steve, thanks for your interest.

The board has indeed 10 internal processing channels and only 8 of them are available on analogue outputs. I already had a question from a member here needing more analogue outputs.

Daisy chaining 2 complete boards is something doable, but that's probably not be the most elegant nor cheapest way to get a few extra analogue outs.

A better way might be to look at one expansion port and think of a companion board which could easily add up to 6 more analogue outs to the system. How does that sound?

Cheers

Nick
Old 30th October 2012, 10:53 AM   #310
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the info
Yes, daisying two would be a really last resort!

Yep - I was reading about 10 channels and thought bingo but the spec offered 8 analogue - so that explains it.

companion board sounds very doable, but I am not really electronic DIY competent to build or source a suitable a board from scratch. Is that something you could offer or give guidance on?

BTW my 5 way looks like this

5 way project - tapped, bass, mids and tweeter, big boy system

It receives great comments from visitors 7 was at the run what you brung Scalford show which was fun.

I am playing with Tractrix horns now and different drivers too, so DSP, ohm proof crossovers would be a boon!
I'll have to add some more pics of the the new horns and tweaks.

back to DSP.
Are your boards up and running and available now? How to order, Is there a good userguide and assembly guide to add the display switches etc. etc. - so many questions Sorry for that.

I can build stuff but not electronics from nuts and bolts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
No worries at all, thanks for the feedback!

Hi Steve, thanks for your interest.

The board has indeed 10 internal processing channels and only 8 of them are available on analogue outputs. I already had a question from a member here needing more analogue outputs.

Daisy chaining 2 complete boards is something doable, but that's probably not be the most elegant nor cheapest way to get a few extra analogue outs.

A better way might be to look at one expansion port and think of a companion board which could easily add up to 6 more analogue outs to the system. How does that sound?

Cheers

Nick

Hide this!Advertise here!