DSP Xover project (part 2)

Nick,

The 1Vrms/2Vrms is great news. I have a device that is a little over 1Vrms.

Could the mod be done on old board. I have good soldering skills??? Even if it is to be fixed at 2Vrms all the time I think I could live with this...

Also I asked on a earlier post if it's possible for you to compile the NUC in Linux so that it could be use on a Raspberry PI. I could be drop in the enclosure easily and could give a sort of "onboard" programmable solution.

Thank you
zoula

Nice!

Couple of questions:

1. You mentioned earlier that the 8500 taps could be freely distributed between channels. Will this be implemented with the new NUC revision?

I'll try to give as much freedom as possible.

2. Are there limitations to the decimation factor that can be used?
Yes, prospected rates are 4:1 and 16:1.

3. Looking at the data sheet of the CS42428, it appears to have differential audio outputs. For us using Hypex amps with 100k input impedance and DC caps, would it be possible to go directly from the differential outputs of the dacs to the hypex amps? If so, would you consider adding traces and holes in the new revision for differential outputs?
No you cannot do that: output buffers include anti-alias filters.

Hello Nick,

before i bought the NAJDA-board Long time ago, you proposed NUC for MAC, what about the Progress ?
regards murphy

That will take some time I'm afraid. I need first to finalize NUC, further to that we'll see if a Mac port is still doable.

Nick,

The 1Vrms/2Vrms is great news. I have a device that is a little over 1Vrms.

Could the mod be done on old board. I have good soldering skills??? Even if it is to be fixed at 2Vrms all the time I think I could live with this...

Easy way: put a 10 kOhms resistor in series with your source.
Otherwise, the clean way you need an attenuator - which is a simple resistor voltage divider. For example 9kOhms and 4.5 kOhms.

Also I asked on a earlier post if it's possible for you to compile the NUC in Linux so that it could be use on a Raspberry PI. I could be drop in the enclosure easily and could give a sort of "onboard" programmable solution.

Hm, compiling NUC for the rPi wouldn't be straightforward. I don't think this will be ever done, sorry.

@Nick

when will the new batch of boards will be available?

How long for the new NUC to be ready?
Best regards
Daniel

Hi Nick,

Any update on when you will accept orders and ship?

thanks
Joji

I have now the new interface kits in stock.
Main board PCBs are expected tomorrow or on Monday. Further to that, I'll set a date with the plant for assembling the parts. Could take 3 weeks before I can ship again.
I don't have yet a date for the release of the new NUC. There will be in the meantime an intermediary release enabling the external clock input.

I've failed to notice what out and input impedance the board has. Couldnt find it on your site?

Input impedance is 9 kOhms, output impedance is 150 Ohms.

Cheers,

Nick

I am more specifically talking about the antialiasing filter that has to be applied before the downsampling stage in the decimation process.
When doing a x4 or x16 decimation the new Nyquist frequency is /4 or /16, and information above this frequency has to be removed (attenuated...).
If the LP filter is gentle (like in the Four Audio approach) then it has to be taken into account somewhat and compensated by either the FIR generation software or the convolution engine itself in order to get a large enough usable passband.

i2S input selection problem

I keep getting the same problem that the i2S input is not showing up as an option to choose in the menu. I am not able to select the i2S (WaveIO).

I checked I bridged pin 13 to pin 10, IS_EXT1\ to DGND. Several times I was able to connect it and listen and enjoy music. I2S was always there when I use the Standby switch.
But when I disconnect Najda from mains AC and start it up again. It has lost the selection option i2S. Then after a lot attempts switching it on/off with and without STBY and or Mains it shows up rarely and for no obvious reason.

I don't know what's wrong, maybe, I hope, someone has an idea to solve the problem.

Peter

i2S

I keep getting the same problem that the i2S input is not showing up as an option to choose in the menu. I am not able to select the i2S (WaveIO).

I checked I bridged pin 13 to pin 10, IS_EXT1\ to DGND. Several times I was able to connect it and listen and enjoy music. I2S was always there when I use the Standby switch.
But when I disconnect Najda from mains AC and start it up again. It has lost the selection option i2S. Then after a lot attempts switching it on/off with and without STBY and or Mains it shows up rarely and for no obvious reason.

I don't know what's wrong, maybe, I hope, someone has an idea to solve the problem.

Peter

Is it possible to hardwire i2S input. I don't care for the other inputs e.q. coax, analogue, optical). As a last option.

Peter

Is it possible to hardwire i2S input. I don't care for the other inputs e.q. coax, analogue, optical). As a last option.

Peter

Hi, the connection between pin 13 and 10 is permanent in your build? Did you solder the pins with a short cable? Did you verify that pin 13 is really connected to ground? Use a tester and go to ground of mains connection and verify if Pin 13 is really attached to ground
How do you select I2S with NUC or with the remote?? How did you connect WAveIO. I wonder a little bit, never had such a problem with I2S! Not with WveIO, Amanero or Hexasound
regards
Sigi

Hi Siginitz, I measured pin 13 really is attached to GND. Trying to select with the expansionboard is almost impossible and unpredictable. I2S does not come forward.
I think i have better results when I use NUC. But again, after a few attempts. Now I leave Najda on Stand-by so it remembers settings. But when I disconnect from mains, the whole story repeats itself. I have got both WaveIO and Najda connected to the same Smps, so they are simultanously started. I2s is fed by 3,3 VDC of Najda.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

. I have got both WaveIO and Najda connected to the same Smps, so they are simultanously started. I2s is fed by 3,3 VDC of Najda.

Hi, have you tried to provide the 5V of the WaveIO through the USB connection?
How are the I2S pins of WaveIO connected to Najda. Can you send me a expanded photo of the connections? you can use my private mail if you prefer.
Regards
Sigi

Hi Nick,

In post # 18 you mentioned about your first product "The light version would have no analogue volume control, and volume would be handled digitally in that case". Will this new version have digitally controlled volume of the digital domain as I want to use external dacs tied directly to my amps thus having a volume control in the digital domain not analogue is desirable.

Thanks,