Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have now tryied to connect all the ground wires and it did not make any different.

Still very quiet despite everything looks ok.

OK, Now I suggest

1, Connect the BII directly to the FIFO board I2S output port rather than the clock board to see if it's working

2, replace the double xo clock board with the single xo clock board (with onbord 11.2896 xo) , play 44.1K audio to see if there is sound.

Good luck.

Ian

Ian,
I just noticed that it does not play or let the I2S signal go through to the BII dac without the 10-pin FPC/FFC cable connected to a clockboard. But perhaps it exchanges some signal necessary for the Fifo board.

Good night !

Congratulations, Karvid!

Yes, the FPC/FFC has control signals inside, so, it won't work without it.

Ian

no it wont work without the clock board, where would it get its clock....

it still needs to take a clock from the single clock board for operation, you can take the i2s directly from the fifo board, which simply means you get an output with the jitter of the clock + the jitter of the FPGA, taking the output from the clock board means its taking the output from the fifo board and reclocking it, meaning the jitter is that of the clock itself, plus the jitter of the flipflop/clock buffer

Last edited:
no it wont work without the clock board, where would it get its clock....

it still needs to take a clock from the single clock board for operation, you can take the i2s directly from the fifo board, which simply means you get an output with the jitter of the clock + the jitter of the FPGA, taking the output from the clock board means its taking the output from the fifo board and reclocking it, meaning the jitter is that of the clock itself, plus the jitter of the flipflop/clock buffer

Sorry I wasn't so clear.
Yes, I mean with one of the clock board connected, but the I2S signal taken directly from the Fifo board. But as you say I don't get any advantages with this. So I have to wait for a working dual clock then.

primary 2x115V Secondary:6V 1.25A x 2, 12V 1.25A x 2, 5V 1A x 4, 9V 1.5A x1

I use encoder for volume control

I assume those are AC not DC.
What type of encoder are you using ??

I was looking at 2 push type... one for volume control with push to mute and the second would have been source selection and on/off, however I think that would require the adruino to be on constantly and would have to figure out how to kill the display back lighting then.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.