Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
after connect the balance => SE converter to the NTD1, power on the unit and hope for beautiful music but disappointed again. One channel has no sound and the other channel with serious distortion.
Connect the legato back to BIII to identify the problem source. It's BIII problem.
Can anyone advise what shall I do to idendify the fault? Will something wrong on the I2S signal cause the above symptom?

after connect the balance => SE converter to the NTD1, power on the unit and hope for beautiful music but disappointed again. One channel has no sound and the other channel with serious distortion.
Connect the legato back to BIII to identify the problem source. It's BIII problem.
Can anyone advise what shall I do to idendify the fault? Will something wrong on the I2S signal cause the above symptom?

I cant help but I definitely feel your pain, I have some problem with my project I just cant seem to overcome, good luck.

bypass everything, just WaveIO > BIII > Legato = music.:D

BIII still alive. Put the BIII onto NTD1, great sound:D More dynamic and details than Legato.

Check the wiring from FIFO to BIII, found the problem......

Another stupid problem, SD / WS swapped.

Now everything is working fine. Will connect the balance => SE converter again.

Thanks DQ828. Wish you can solve your problem.

Last edited:
Mounted all devices except those on the front and back panels. The unit is working fine with great sound.

Still not connect any USB input device yet. Have completed the Acko isolator board and connected with Amanero.

Want to connect the waveIO to Ian's SPDIF TTL input, have to built a TTL level converter for it.

As I know very little on software, I still trying to understand Ian's protocol and write the code for Arduino to read the sampling frequency, with those exiting bugs in the code, don't know when will "complete" the project.

In the mean time, will prepare the drawing for Front Panel Express to cut the panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 704
Mounted all devices except those on the front and back panels. The unit is working fine with great sound.

Still not connect any USB input device yet. Have completed the Acko isolator board and connected with Amanero.

Want to connect the waveIO to Ian's SPDIF TTL input, have to built a TTL level converter for it.

As I know very little on software, I still trying to understand Ian's protocol and write the code for Arduino to read the sampling frequency, with those exiting bugs in the code, don't know when will "complete" the project.

In the mean time, will prepare the drawing for Front Panel Express to cut the panels.

Looking good, I did manage to solve my problems fortunately, keep up the good work.

Today finished one more device, the ACKO-S02 isolator/reclock board. But I discovered another silly mistake. I use two OTTO to switch the Amanero through Ian's FIFO or directly to BIII. This arrangement will short the ground of FIFO with BIII and eliminate the function of Ian's isolator.
I am thinking to place the ACKO-S02 between the OTTO and BIII instead of directly with Amanero.

Isolation of signal and power between Amanero and BIII successfully completed yesterday.

During the process, I accidentally shorted the terminals for the Life4PO and lot of smoke came from the battery holder. Fortunately no fire:p

After replaced the battery holder, start to figure out the communication between Arduino and i570. Thanks for Ian's information, I bought a 232 to TTL converter and confirmed there is data sent from i570 whenever there is a frequency change.

Finally, some of my codes work and confirmed the Arduino detecting data from serial port.:)

Hope I don't have to spend too much time to write the code for displaying the Fs.:D

not much progress in the last couple of months. The code to read the i570 FS still not working.

Built a SPDIF to TTL converter using 74H04 for connecting the WaveIO to Ian's FIFO but failed. Have signal output from the converter but no sync on FIFO.

The Acko isolator for Amanero also has very loud noise. Spent lot of time but still have no idea what cause the problem.

not much progress in the last couple of months. The code to read the i570 FS still not working.

Built a SPDIF to TTL converter using 74H04 for connecting the WaveIO to Ian's FIFO but failed. Have signal output from the converter but no sync on FIFO.

The Acko isolator for Amanero also has very loud noise. Spent lot of time but still have no idea what cause the problem.

Sounds like your doing it tough, good luck.

I planned to connect both Amenero and WaveIO to Ian's FIFO, the FIFO only have one I2S input, therefore I have to convert the WaveIO SPDIF to TTL. The convertor is not working and I shall give up this.
The Amenero is working fine but serious distortion after the Acko isolator - still finding the problem.
The Arduino to i570 communication is a long outstanding issue. As I know very little on writing codes, need lot of time to search the WEB and try.
They are all isolated problem and thanks for your advice.

I planned to connect both Amenero and WaveIO to Ian's FIFO, the FIFO only have one I2S input, therefore I have to convert the WaveIO SPDIF to TTL. The convertor is not working and I shall give up this.
The Amenero is working fine but serious distortion after the Acko isolator - still finding the problem.
The Arduino to i570 communication is a long outstanding issue. As I know very little on writing codes, need lot of time to search the WEB and try.
They are all isolated problem and thanks for your advice.

No wonder your having trouble I googled i570 & it is a Motarola phone!!! :) what is it really.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.