Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2012, 02:19 AM   #941
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagheuer View Post
This is great Ian.

Any chance you will modify the dual XO clock board too for GBIII ?
Dual XO Clock Board is a production version, that's why I post the solutions .

Ian
Old 6th September 2012, 11:29 PM   #942
diyAudio Member

Default Another dual mono solution of the dual XO clock board

I realize there is another solution to setup the dual mono configuration. It's much easier than the solutions I posted yesterday.

1. Remove the 7P PH2.0mm I2S output connector from the Dual XO Clock board by a SMT soldering station.

2. Assemble three u.fl sockets on the corresponding footprints. Centre pins face to the signal pads with ground pins face to the ground pads. The positions are just fit. Thatís all need to do, you make itJ.

The only thing I have to mention is that all the u.fl cables need to be in same length. Because two u.fl sockets share same impendence matching resistor, you have to make the reflections arriving at the same moment.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DualMonoSolution2.1.JPG (422.4 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg DualMonoSolution2.2.JPG (428.3 KB, 403 views)
Old 7th September 2012, 03:23 AM   #943
diyAudio Member

Now, this one is definitely more elegant. Thanks for posting this.

Can't wait for the GBIII to meet its target.

Maybe more people will sign up for the GB when Si570 clock board is in production.
Old 7th September 2012, 08:46 AM   #944
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagheuer View Post
Maybe more people will sign up for the GB when Si570 clock board is in production.
Indeed, any guesstimate on that?
Old 7th September 2012, 08:51 AM   #945
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

after he sends one out to me for testing of course =) btw Ian the fifo board is packed for FW update, will send back to you on Monday
Old 7th September 2012, 08:56 AM   #946
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbk View Post
Indeed, any guesstimate on that?
Hardware revisions and testing and then a production version. Realistically ... don't get too impatient. These things are worth waiting for, I've heard qusp's FIFO.
Old 7th September 2012, 10:49 AM   #947
diyAudio Member

Ian,

Couple of comments on the dual setup.

On your second posted solution, it seems to me that the connector pads are shorted.

You mention impedence matching but in your first post solution 1, the connections are not impedence matched. They are matched on solution 2 of the first post. This new solution does not seem to be matched either unless the wires are of equal length and the same impedence.

Would it not be better to jumper the 31 r resistors from the FF and use them at the spliced end of the connection. That would be each wire spliced to 2 x 31R to feed each of the 2 dacs. Perhaps also that this is overkill.

regards.
Old 7th September 2012, 01:34 PM   #948
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by necplusultra View Post
Ian,

Couple of comments on the dual setup.

On your second posted solution, it seems to me that the connector pads are shorted.

You mention impedence matching but in your first post solution 1, the connections are not impedence matched. They are matched on solution 2 of the first post. This new solution does not seem to be matched either unless the wires are of equal length and the same impedence.

Would it not be better to jumper the 31 r resistors from the FF and use them at the spliced end of the connection. That would be each wire spliced to 2 x 31R to feed each of the 2 dacs. Perhaps also that this is overkill.

regards.
Hi necplusultra,

Please don't worry about that. They were not shorted . Please see the gaps over the seats. Locations of solution3 are perfect.

Output impedance matched to 50 ohm u.fl cable for all the solutions. Solution 2 comes with independent resistor for each cable, solution1 and 3 branch the output.

Ian
Old 9th September 2012, 02:58 PM   #949
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian,

Does the Si570 needs to be programmed every time it is powered on or does it remember its frequency?
Old 9th September 2012, 03:15 PM   #950
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Hi Ian,

Does the Si570 needs to be programmed every time it is powered on or does it remember its frequency?
Si570 doesn't have a user flash memory to remember the last frequency, so it will go the factory default if there is no driver connected.

Driver usually has flash memory to remember the last frequency and other parameters. That's why we have to develope a MCU based driver for Si570.

Si532 can remember two frequencies, but programming doesn't open to users.

Regards,

Ian

Last edited by iancanada; 9th September 2012 at 03:18 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!