Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 213 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2013, 06:59 PM   #2121
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
there is no copper on the corners of the clock underside, just center it as best you can
On one of my oscillators there is - the ground plane on the bottom is peeking through the side. The copper is directly above the pad and i can see it touching without too much imagination. I'll probably try to squeeze a thin layer of mica in between.
Old 15th January 2013, 07:06 PM   #2122
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

only custom NDK XO $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa
On one of my oscillators there is - the ground plane on the bottom is peeking through the side. The copper is directly above the pad and i can see it touching without too much imagination. I'll probably try to squeeze a thin layer of mica in between.
sounds like a plan, or maybe make it so those pins on the adapter dont come all the way to level with the top of the PCB and fill the resulting depression and surround with epoxy

Last edited by qusp; 15th January 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 15th January 2013, 07:50 PM   #2123
diyAudio Member

Great idea, i knew it was worth asking
Old 16th January 2013, 01:35 AM   #2124
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
This is a valid question/issue. I feel like I've been beating a dead horse in both threads but a true high class transport needs a 16 bit I2S, ie 32fs, the original standard I2S, not the hack standard phillips came up with for 24-32 bit I2s.
regal,

It makes sense if your mean feed TDA1541 with 32*Fs I2S is better than 64*Fs I2S. I can see the low 16 bits are meaningless for it and only generate more noise to noise floor. But TDA1541 does accept 64*Fs I2S, as well as original Philips I2S protocol which natively supports both 32 and 64*Fs.

That's why I design the I2S to PCM daughter board with stopping clock mode as one of the main function for NOS DACs, which feeds clock to DAC with exactly the numbers it needs and keeps clock line low for the whole rest of time to make noise floor as low as possible.

Regards,

Ian
Old 17th January 2013, 02:22 AM   #2125
diyAudio Member

Default Universal I2S/DSD isolator for Amanero and other I2S/DSD sources

I have a WaveIO USB. But I’m not happy with the 2.5ns jitter problem on I2S output caused by XMOS, though it’s no longer an issue working with my FIFO. So, I bought another USB, the Amanero. But I did use it until today because there was not an isolator comes with it. I like PC music, but the PC ground.

I realized a universal I2S/DSD isolator is a must for I2S/DSD sources like Amanero and others. It took me a couple of weeks for prototyping. Now you can see it .

This isolator is nothing special, easier than the FIFO isolator because it just uni-direction not bi-direction. Four isolated signals including MCLK, SCK, WS/DSD1, SD/DSD2. PH2.0 and optional u.fl connectors are available for I2D/DSD signals. MCLK is in u.fl only. Two independent bypassble onboard LDOs for both input and output with LED power good indicator. I attached the schematics.

Almost all kind of 5 channel 16-SOIC-W and 16-SOIC-N isolators are working for this small board, including IL715E, IL715-3E, Si8440BB-D, Si8440BB-D-IS1 and others. 16-SOIC-N on top, or 16-SOIC-W on bottom.

It works perfectly with my Anabero, right away without any hesitation. I’ll try the DSD later on.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: png UniversialIsolatorSch.png (119.5 KB, 638 views)
File Type: png UniversialIsolatorPCB.png (71.0 KB, 628 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0143.JPG (227.8 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0142.JPG (183.9 KB, 623 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0121.JPG (202.6 KB, 612 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0127.JPG (233.1 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0114.JPG (261.5 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0137.JPG (198.5 KB, 323 views)
Old 17th January 2013, 02:25 AM   #2126
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Very nice Ian! I have a couple of these receivers - let me know if you have 1 or two protos to spare. :-)
Old 17th January 2013, 02:55 AM   #2127
diyAudio Member

nice job Ian, as usual, but a tiny bit late =) Acko has already designed one made specifically for Amanero, plugs right in on pinheader rather neatly.

except your prototype is ready of course
Old 17th January 2013, 03:12 AM   #2128
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
nice job Ian, as usual, but a tiny bit late =) Acko has already designed one made specifically for Amanero, plugs right in on pinheader rather neatly.

except your prototype is ready of course
Very nice design, I should know it earlier

Ian
Old 17th January 2013, 03:44 AM   #2129
diyAudio Member

well to be fair on you, he only posted it on the weekend...and is already nearing 100 pieces!
Old 17th January 2013, 06:15 AM   #2130
diyAudio Member

Ian,

Will you include the I2S/USB isolator in GBIV? I prefer your version of the board. Could it be connected to the I2S backdoor?

Daniel

Hide this!Advertise here!