Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2012, 02:01 AM   #1341
syklab is online now syklab  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
I am using the same charger as yours but i believe your battery should be LiMH not LiFEPO4.
Hi BigpandaHK,

★狮子正品★高端 LION 7.4V 5200MAH 30C 聚合物锂电池BG712-淘宝网

According to the translation, it is supposed to be Lithium Polymer, their brand is Lion.
Old 25th October 2012, 03:27 AM   #1342
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

not at those charge voltages it isnt LiFePO4, anyway yes Lipo are ok, bit noisy and many packs have switchmode limiting circuit

Last edited by qusp; 25th October 2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old 25th October 2012, 09:33 AM   #1343
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
was a good suggestion mate!

I want to know what bigpandahk has planned now he's the only guy apart from Ian with more than one of those isol boards!
As I may not require the second isolator board at this stage, I can send it to you then we have one ore tester.
Old 25th October 2012, 10:58 AM   #1344
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
not at those charge voltages it isnt LiFePO4, anyway yes Lipo are ok, bit noisy and many packs have switchmode limiting circuit
THat's the reason not buying this kind of battery pad. This is what I am using :
18650 LiFepO4 1800mAh 3.2V
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LifePo4.jpg (27.2 KB, 655 views)
Old 25th October 2012, 11:07 AM   #1345
diyAudio Member

Quote:
As I may not require the second isolator board at this stage, I can send it to you then we have one ore tester.
Well, that really is a hard offer to knock back. I would like to hear Ian's thoughts though, it's his to allocate as he wishes IMO.

I don't have a FIFO to use it with yet unfortunately so that is why I'd held out of the testing.
Old 25th October 2012, 11:14 AM   #1346
diyAudio Member

You are right, I should have Ian's consent before making such offer.
Old 25th October 2012, 12:23 PM   #1347
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Well, that really is a hard offer to knock back. I would like to hear Ian's thoughts though, it's his to allocate as he wishes IMO.

I don't have a FIFO to use it with yet unfortunately so that is why I'd held out of the testing.
Quote:
You are right, I should have Ian's consent before making such offer.
Hi guys, I don't have any problem. Go ahead whatever you think it's good.

Ian
Old 28th October 2012, 08:35 PM   #1348
diyAudio Member

Default Hook up XMOS WaveIO USB interface to Ian FIFO KIT

I know a lot of people did this configuration before. I just confirm it by myself once again.

There are three ways hoop up XMOS WaveIO USB interface to FIFO KIT, Please see the attached pictures for details:

1, Connecting the isolated I2S output into the I2S backdoor on the S/PDIF Interface Board. The configuration is highly recommended. But you need an additional Vdd for the isolator. You can feed it with the 5V power supply from J13 on the S/PDIF board.

2, Connecting the isolated S/PDIF output into COX input on the S/PDIF board by a 75ohm coaxial cable.

3, Connecting the isolated I2S output into the FIFO input directly. But please do not use this configuration unless you need only one source from XMOS interface. You can get the isolator power supply from J5 of the FIFO board for this case.

Please never use the un-isolated outputs of the XMOS. PC ground from USB is noisy and not safe enough.

The XMOS WaveIO USB interface sounds great on my system and works perfect with different kinds of player software. To connect it with the FIFO KIT is very easy as well. As a USB based I2S or S/PDIF source, it would be recommended.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XMOS_WaveIO_I2S_SPDIF.JPG (358.3 KB, 595 views)
File Type: jpg XMOS_I2S1.JPG (518.6 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg XMOS_I2S2.JPG (572.3 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg XMOS_SPDIF1.JPG (473.4 KB, 585 views)
File Type: jpg XMOS_SPDIF2.JPG (421.7 KB, 414 views)
Old 28th October 2012, 11:12 PM   #1349
diyAudio Member

Ian

Is there any way to connect the WaveIO to the TTL input of SPDIF?
Old 28th October 2012, 11:28 PM   #1350
diyAudio Member

Ian,

A very interesting post! I am going with WaveIO as my only source at this stage. I was intrigued that you recommended using isolated i2s output between it and the FIFO, even with the isolator between FIFO and clock board. I have powered mine with a lt1085 reg (usb power and ground are connected but not powering anything). Anyway it seems logical to use the isolated output with the way you have written it. I had previously not pursued this option because I had thought FIFO was 3.3V i2s input only, now that you have reminded me that 5V i2s intput can work and FIFO 5V supply output is perfect for this it looks like a great option.

Computer PSU noise can stay on the XMOS side; FIFO fpga noise can stay on the FIFO; and a clean re-clocked low jitter output signal from the clock board. What more could we hope for?! I am pretty excited for the next GB to reach critical numbers!

Also, I know that you check the FIFO for bit-perfect throughput as part of the testing, is there any way to test the whole chain from transport to i2s output? I am not sure how the testing setup for that works so its just me thinking out loud there, though I am 99.999% sure there is not a problem at all.

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by hochopeper; 28th October 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!