Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

be careful they arent grey market, well what am I saying, they ARE greymarket seconds, but they may still be OK for our uses and may be perfectly legit, they state the B stock or A stock as a choice, so they seem on the level. the only way to know for sure is to test their impedance

the problem for us is they will not ship to us, or at least not to me, they dont carry lifepo4 on airplanes for some time now, only fedex and DHL will take it afaik, pity the price is good for legit 2500ma and they have some nice high current connectors too. maybe we can all work something out together?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
the problem for us is they will not ship to us, or at least not to me, they dont carry lifepo4 on airplanes for some time now, only fedex and DHL will take it afaik, pity the price is good for legit 2500ma and they have some nice high current connectors too. maybe we can all work something out together?

Hi qusp,

they will ship all orders via DHL worldwide. If you like, you could order ;)

:wave:

no, not according to their website I cant and not a chance i'm paying anything like that. I already have 16 of the legit 2300mah cells and have for quite a while (bought direct from A123 18 months or so ago when they were still selling samples to OEMs). I have the older M1A version, not M1B, so I was just going to grab 4 of the 2500 just because ;) everything else between the cells is pretty similar; slightly lower internal resistance too, but an amount that is likely to be overwhelmed by lead resistance and inductance anyway. I also like the look of the Xt90 high current connectors they have for use with the batteries and as a high current ground buss connector. the 2 cell frame/holder is cool too, but i'm not desperate or crazy.

perhaps DHL dont carry them anymore either. the cart is only just over 45EU before VAT, so that 192 is a potential shipping cost I guess, but one that is not allowed. its problematic to ship lifepo4 anywhere these days, all because of dodgy lion and lipo explosions/fires, lifepo4 are much safer as far as stability wrt thermal runaway

Your basket contains 14 items

€ 192.85 and still get no shipping costs
There is unfortunately no shipping available.

Last edited:
no, not according to their website I cant and not a chance i'm paying anything like that. I already have 16 of the legit 2300mah cells, the older M1A version, not M1B, I was just going to grab 4 of the 2500 just because ;) everything else is pretty similar, I also like the look of the Xt90 high current connectors they have and the 2 cell frame/holder, but i'm not desperate or crazy.

If you do order, please let me know first :cool:

What's wrong with the generic lifepo4? I've been using "grey" market 18650's for years, I seeit is the same factory making them without the advertising/management overhead. Battery's are a commodity anyway. We call it Lean manufacturing in the US. I don't see how they could have the same voltage curve as A123's if they were somehow defective.

Last edited:
internal resistance and noise is generally superior with A123 (not by a small amount), they are not a standard lifepo4, the nanocarbon substrate is different, the cycle-life is better and at least these legit ones and packs are without the compulsory switchmode regulation/protection circuits that are required by law to be built into the packs these days unless you are an OEM.

Please help

I'm finally getting around to trying the Dual XO board with the Crystek clocks.

There's a problem somewhere as I get 48k and 96K led's lit, but no Fs and no sound. Can someone offer help? All my music is 44.1k.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    888.5 KB · Views: 543
I'm finally getting around to trying the Dual XO board with the Crystek clocks.

There's a problem somewhere as I get 48k and 96K led's lit, but no Fs and no sound. Can someone offer help? All my music is 44.1k.

Thanks

Your FIFO didn't get clock signal from your clock board. You can see all of three LEDs are off. Check the 10P FFC/FPC cable, or get back to the original XOs just to see if it's working.

Ian

I put the original clock board back in and it works fine.

I had purchased another Dual XO board from the last group buy. Installed and working perfectly! BIG difference in the sound....

Glad you fix it.

Are you using NOS 1541? What the maximal Fs you confirmed it can go? 192KHz?

Ian

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Has anybody succeeded in ordering the A123 2665 from dvb-projekt's blog?

I've been sending emails but no feedback.
If anyone from Canada wants to pool a purchase, let me know.

I´ve send an email to Lipopower and Mr. Hofmann. He told me that he had only one request from Canada on friday 04/19/13 16:25 witch he answered today.

Please think about his weekend! ;)

:wave: