New PCM1794A Kit – Balanced Mode Update – Good to Fantastic Sound! - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2012, 07:36 AM   #131
UMarcus is offline UMarcus  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,
the stage are from glass ware audio design. It is a broskie cathode follower board upgraded with Mundorf Caps to convert to unbalanced single end output.

btw.. what is next
I had recently do some test with reclocker (Mutec MC-6, Apoogee Big Ben) and the improvement was quite clearly. I guess the SPDIF Optical out of my pc as clock is worse. I see on spencer page he already do some test with the XMOS Demo Board and it sounds good to me, therefore i order the board and connected via optical out and it sounds better compared to optical pc out. But my goal is to pass the SPDIF by USB > I2S > DAC. The XMOS Demo board provides I2S also, but i never like the idea to connect the PC ground to audio stuff.
For this reason i looking for other solution and found the EDEL USB Audio Interface with galvanic isolation. Including low jitter master clock after isolation stage and possibility to connect external PSU also.

Regards
Marcus

Last edited by UMarcus; 15th February 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 15th February 2012, 06:46 PM   #132
diyAudio Member

BTW, regarding changing 7805 at U11 you can make simple and even better test. Just take 4 1.2V batteries and make parallel connection. It should give about 5.0-5.2V ( check before plugging) in real and you have clean power supply for PCM. My friends tried it and are shocked with SQ improvement. Im gonna test it also.
Old 15th February 2012, 07:25 PM   #133
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibra View Post
BTW, regarding changing 7805 at U11 you can make simple and even better test. Just take 4 1.2V batteries and make parallel connection. It should give about 5.0-5.2V ( check before plugging) in real and you have clean power supply for PCM. My friends tried it and are shocked with SQ improvement. Im gonna test it also.
That's nice but how long can you run on 4x 1.2V batteries?

Do
Old 15th February 2012, 07:36 PM   #134
diyAudio Member

what I know you cant make higher voltage than 6.5V for PCM. 5.5 V its ok and Im just testing it.
Its no matter how long you can listen to it - its just test for hardcore modders You have cleanest power supply for PCM. First of all you can observe what it gives to SQ and secondary you can test some discrete power supplies which can be closest to this one If you think its woth it ofc. In my opinion, giving the best possible condition to work for PCM is A MUST, which also you can easily hear. Just check it without spending a lot of money

http://www.voila.pl/347/n6zfq/index.php?get=1&f=1
Old 17th February 2012, 09:05 AM   #135
diyAudio Member

Hi zibra,

The batteries are only for testing purposes - right?
You are not saying that it sounds better than the discrete reg.

cheers
Old 17th February 2012, 11:35 AM   #136
akira is offline akira  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibra View Post
what I know you cant make higher voltage than 6.5V for PCM. 5.5 V its ok and Im just testing it.
Its no matter how long you can listen to it - its just test for hardcore modders You have cleanest power supply for PCM. First of all you can observe what it gives to SQ and secondary you can test some discrete power supplies which can be closest to this one If you think its woth it ofc. In my opinion, giving the best possible condition to work for PCM is A MUST, which also you can easily hear. Just check it without spending a lot of money

http://www.voila.pl/347/n6zfq/index.php?get=1&f=1
Do you pretend you can hear (and recognize) it in blind ABX listening test ?
Old 17th February 2012, 12:12 PM   #137
diyAudio Member

You can test it by yourself and trust your ears. Cost is almost nothing. I actually tried battery yesterday and for me its the best for pcm. s just magic in music. Only prblem is
with stable voltage for pcm. Just try and let me know! Its so easy to test it!
Old 18th February 2012, 06:51 AM   #138
diyAudio Member

Hi,
i want to share some pictures of attached EDEL USB Board.

Up to now it is the best sounding solution how connect pc to FDA i have tested.

Regards
Marcus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090436.jpg (484.6 KB, 400 views)
File Type: jpg P1090437.jpg (468.5 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg P1090431.jpg (420.6 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg P1090432.jpg (348.8 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by UMarcus; 18th February 2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 29th February 2012, 04:17 PM   #139
diyAudio Member

Hi UMarcus,

Where can I buy the Edel USB Audiointerface?

Regards
Manfred
Old 29th February 2012, 06:08 PM   #140
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb041157 View Post
Hi UMarcus,

Where can I buy the Edel USB Audiointerface?

Regards
Manfred
Hi Manfed,
you can order the board directly by abc-pcb. PM me if you want EMail Address of customer service.

I had post some additional information in this thread.

Regards
Marcus

Hide this!Advertise here!