A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no problem, i'll send Owen an email to see if he has a backup of the PCB list too, its Odd, perhaps it went in the EU box by accident since it was the last one to leave, but I dont think so, I have a memory of 'putting it aside so I remember'.... i'll go through and make you a list in the next hour or 2 OK?

just realized I put a gash in my head when looking for the sheet, hit a corner of a shelf, i've done it before on the same corner and it hurt like hell, but it didnt do anything, this time I draw quite a bit of blood, didnt realize till I subconsciously rubbed my head and put my finger into it... so i'm going to take time out guys, i'll do this list tomorrow, man I want to get this thing out of my ermm hair...

Owen, if you are reading this, can you please confirm who these fet/PCB numbers are? are they double PCB owners?

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
just realized I put a gash in my head when looking for the sheet, hit a corner of a shelf, i've done it before on the same corner and it hurt like hell, but it didnt do anything, this time I draw quite a bit of blood, didnt realize till I subconsciously rubbed my head and put my finger into it... so i'm going to take time out guys, i'll do this list tomorrow, man I want to get this thing out of my ermm hair...

Owen, if you are reading this, can you please confirm who these fet/PCB numbers are? are they double PCB owners?

That is one very strange post!

The list is here, and always has been:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dEthOUZuS2VzMmpLNTcyOXR4TGp3S0E#gid=0

I also included a list with each person's name, full address, and what FET pack they were supposed to get with the parcels I sent out to distributors.

Regards,
Owen

Thanks Owen, according to your table, I assume the order list as below but there is one PCB leave, who had ordered two PCBs?

Coolhead - Auricap x 4, ZFoil x 1set, K-Redx1, PCB x 1, FET x 1set
atom6422- Auricap x 8, ZFoil x 1set, K-Redx2, PCB x 1, FET x 1set
ccliu - Auricap x 4, ZFoil x 1set, K-Redx1, PCB x 1, FET x 1set
Meintan - PCB x 1, FET x 1set
greyrab - PCB x 1, FET x 1set
+ One PCB

I need some advice on shipping the PCB, due to its size, I am afraid it could be damaged if ship it inside an envelope with bubble wrap. Ship it in a box will be expensive.

Last edited:
That is one very strange post!

The list is here, and always has been:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnMLwB9mdXl2dEthOUZuS2VzMmpLNTcyOXR4TGp3S0E#gid=0

I also included a list with each person's name, full address, and what FET pack they were supposed to get with the parcels I sent out to distributors.

Regards,
Owen

I know Owen, as I explained, i've 'put the list somewhere safe' just the other day when packing/checking the final time. I hurt myself looking for it last night. My father has a habit of 'cleaning up' as a habit almost immediately and it causes all sorts of frustration. food ive just got out of the fridge to eat is put away while my back is turned setting the oven or getting something from the cupboard etc. but i'll have another look in a sec, just got up.

I hadnt looked at the googledocs again, but I assumed by bigpandahk's post that what he got didnt match the online list somehow, thus my searching.

I cant see me making a mistake with a full 3 sets of fets and PCBs, have you sorted it out? bigpandahk

I used the list I had very early on to take out what I needed and leave the stuff going to Asia. 3 sets of fets, 3 PCBs? dont they go together? i'm confused bigpandahk, whats the problem?

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I need some advice on shipping the PCB, due to its size, I am afraid it could be damaged if ship it inside an envelope with bubble wrap. Ship it in a box will be expensive.

Have you ever tried to damage a PCB? They're pretty tough little buggers...

A padded envelope should be more than enough, and it's what I've been using almost exclusively for a pretty long time.

Cheers,
Owen

the fets you mention are

21 = ccliu
25 = meintan
29 = greyrab

and this is the list for Asia for the rest I was handling, sorry other than that piece of paper ive misplaced, I dont have a record of the PCBs, but yeah I just took out the AU fets and PCBs and sent the rest to you, so I dont know how a problem would occur

Attachments

• NTD1 Asia Group.jpg
    NTD1 Asia Group.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
You had packed together for coolhead & atom6642, no FET in ccliu's bag, 5 sets of FETs in a bag and separate pack for all PCBs.
As listed, there are 5 sets of FETs with six PCBs, so someone may ordered 2 PCBs.

yep, well I guess that someone will know they ordered 2, still cant find the list, but it shouldnt be a task to sort out. yes I put fets in with a couple before deciding to put the rest of the fets together into an antistatic bag.

the PCBs are of course separate, they are bigger than the bags and I wanted to tape them all together for protection and because on the way here to me some of them got very slightly bent, so they dont sit totally flat, due to heat I guess. easy enough to fix by placing a weight on top of them and applying some heat (if you dont have warm sun at the moment) but I didnt want it to happen again on the way to you.

I didnt fret about the parts on my GBs since I had the list I just posted and planned to send to you when needed

Last edited:
Probably a good time to chime in for a cap/resistor USA update. Qusp has had a hell of a time getting shipping hammered flat and out the door for USA. BOth funny and tragic story - a thousand thank you's for doing this again mate!. Should be on their way to USA early next week and hopefully received by end of the week. Which mean, that next weekend - I'll be firing off shipping fee emails to USA builders. If everyone settles up asap, I can get all these out the door to everyone Monday/Tuesday (March 11th).

yes Canada/USA are together, long story and a long journey that I wont go into, but the long and short of it means yes, they will arrive there late this week or latest monday, so timing should still work out well for all arriving around the same time. both Asia and EU packages have arrived already.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.